[E3] PS3 Launches On November 17, 2006 In North America

N2PGames

Reaction score
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) announced today that it would launch PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) in "Clear Black" in North America on November 17, 2006, as part of a worldwide simultaneous launch.

PS3 is the most advanced computer system that serves as a platform to enjoy next generation computer entertainment contents in the home, realized through the combination of Cell and RSX™ processors, in addition to the playability of a vast catalog of PlayStation and PlayStation 2 software titles.

Having Giga-bit Ethernet and a pre-installed hard disk drive (HDD) as standard in PS3, users will be able to download a variety of contents as well as access on-line games and services over the network.

ps3_clearblack.jpg

Equipped with basic input/output ports, PS3 supports a broad range of displays from conventional NTSC/PAL standard TVs to the latest full HD (1080i/1080p) flat panel displays, offering the joy of the most advanced computer entertainment contents to homes around the world. For use in living rooms, maximum heat and noise reduction has been achieved with a noise level equivalent to that of the current slim-line PlayStation 2.

With the overwhelming computational power of the Cell processor, PS3 is capable of playing back content from Blu-ray (BD) disc at a bit rate of multiplex 48Mbps with ease, the maximum bit rate defined in BD standards.

The new controller for PS3 has been created by refining and improving the world's most popular PlayStation controller which has shipped more than several hundred million units worldwide. The controller for PS3 employs a high-precision, highly sensitive six-axis sensing system that is capable of processing all parameters within the controller itself, thereby eliminating the need for any additional settings on the display system. By applying this technology, it will become possible to freely control the PS3 system over the network.

While further enhancing the joy of entertainment on PlayStation 2 and PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system, SCEA will vigorously promote PS3 as the next generation computer entertainment platform.

=====================================================

Source:
Code:
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10900/PS3-Launches-On-November-17-2006-In-North-America/

----------------- Copyrights ------------
All Info was copyired fro "TeamXbox.com" , team xbox has gotten its info from E3 2006 Confernce
E3 and Team Xbox have there own Copyrights.

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
personally i think sony is screwed; they're charging way too much money for a console (and they're still losing money off of it!)

chaganlal1

Reaction score
Heck yes I see the prices are 400-550 I am probably going to have to wait unless the cashcrate thing helps me out :)

James

Banned
Reaction score
Its really quite cheap i think, like its more powerfull than the box360 and sony claimed that it was going to be the same price. Iam allready checking what chips will support it, :)

Fire Wolf

Reaction score
I think the prices were 500$ for a 20GB Hard Drive and 600$ for a 60GB Hard Drive.
It's expensive, yes, but I'm stilll going to buy it along with the Wii. The Wii is just 200$, woo hoo.
Did you see the PS3 controller, they literally knocked the wind out of Nintendo, haha.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I think I better start saving for it. I want to buy it and buy FF7 The Remake! ;)

N2PGames

Reaction score
PS3 isn't going to be better than X360 due to it haveing no CELL prcesser no company wants to work with them and microsoft has 36% of IBMs Stocks and EPIC Games ... its all still a big lie !!!!

Nekaid

Reaction score
Hey moron, the processor is a cell. Signup to Playstation Underground, watch E3, and learn about whats going on. Seems you were left out. But the prices for the PS3 will still be over $400.

James

Banned
Reaction score
Sony would not release anything that isnt quility and the game developers are allready learing, and have all the infomation passed on so that can start to make the games.

Yets just wait and see the results, then everyone can start complaining.

Last edited:

freestuff

Reaction score
I think 400-500 is too much. Yeah, it's great and all, but personally, I'd rather get a Nintendo Wii (for those of you that don't know, they changed the name from 'revolution' to 'Wii'.

I think the old one was better, but that's just me :lupie:

N2PGames

Reaction score
thank you "Koshimi"

and to you Nekaid don't forget where you are posting Its X10hosting not you're crappy Sony company forums ... and ohh lets see its cell wow i did not know that wich i have found the article !!! DUUUH

check out my new post on you're XBOX PS 3 !!!! HERE !!! -soruces bye IGN!!