Educational Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperxx

Reaction score
hello, im a high school student with an "Advance Hosting Plan" from here
i am going to have two websites hosted here, one for my "gaming clan" and the other for my "Virtual Enterprise Class"

chaos-renegade.uni.cc (guild website /w ads)
rop.chaos-renegade.uni.cc (Virutal Enterprise website)

the reason is because my class and i are going to compete against other schools to see which website is more professional, and having ads wont make is look so professional
i dont have much money to actually pay for hosting with no ads
if it is not okay, then i completely understand because you guys are doing this for free

i'm not sure if im making any sense, but you guys can check the following link for more information about what my class and i are doing (this is for educational purposes)
http://www.virtualenterprise.org/

thanks much,
Chris N.

P.S. i will have the virtual enterprise website down by the end of the school year, when the tournament is over

amr1991

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, I will stand corrected. I think it is not really mandatory to have ads on your server if it is passworded and private and not availible to the public, you might want to PM corey about this as well. :cool:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If it helps at all, the advanced ad's is a simple text link that can be placed anywhere on the page (unlike the corporate banner which must be visible without scrolling).

Could do what I did and put it in the footer of the page. Your visitors will barely notice, and it shouldn't be too tricky to blend into the page.

Oh, and as for professional styled websites: find one that's professional. I classed IGN and GameSpot as professional, both have ads. MSN could be considered professional and it has ad's too.

Keep in mind all three of those are using banner ads - advanced is still just a text link ;)

Corey might be able to help you out more in this department though (he's the site admin in case you didn't know), but for now assume you'll need the ads and have them on the site just so you don't accidentally get suspended (one thing I can guarantee: the suspended account page is definetly less professional than the ad)

Status
Not open for further replies.