Email not sending but receiving ok

afieldoutback90

Reaction score
I have just set up an email account through cPanel and have sent some messages to the account with success. However I have tried to send messages to various other email addresses and although the notification says sent. the messages have not been received by the recipient addresses. I have tried Horde and Roundcube.

Again this is one of those tasks that seems to take ages (hours so far today) to work out and has caused much frustration and the headache is pending. Can anyone help please?

Hope this post is in the right forum section.

Thanks.

afieldoutback90

Reaction score
Update - some messages have been received by recipient email accounts. I started sending messages at 3pm and it is now just after 7pm. 6 messages have been delivered to 3 accounts, which leaves 4 messages outstanding. Some say the same date but when I checked at the time they were not there. Some have taken 2/3 hours and some are missing (maybe they will deliver).

From past experience with email I usually expect instant delivery, so I am wondering why this has happened - strange.

Does anybody have any ideas as the first message from 4 hours ago didn't deliver, but the later ones took 1/2 hours?

Thanks.

afieldoutback90

Reaction score
Update - I think all the messages came through bar 2 of the early ones. The last one was delivered at 20.52 last night and was actually sent at 16.43, however it was not the last one sent (which was actually delivered within 2 hours)........ I know this could be confusing if you are not experiencing the problem.

I am just wondering why it is/was happening? Is it because the account was new, or because the server was busy, or because there is/was a bug in the system somewhere, or maybe some other reason? Has someone experienced similar problems?

afieldoutback90

Reaction score
Update - good news. the messages are now being delivered on time (today). What a difference a day makes.
I would still be interested to find out why this has happened?

Last edited: