email

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordanb

Reaction score
I have problem access my email. How to set up Outlook Express?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I have problem access my email. How to set up Outlook Express?

Thank you.

Since you're using Outlook Express, if you have created a mail account in cPanel you can go to cPanel, choose Mail Accounts and then choose Configure Mail Client on the account's details. If you want to set it up manually though, here's what you really need to do.

• The server will be for incoming and outgoing the following address: mail.yoursiteaddressgoeshere
  • The outgoing server requires Authentication. The user and pass for this is the same as your incoming mail.
  • You can choose either POP3 or IMAP. POP3 allows you to download mail from the server, however if you have an always on connection you can use IMAP which allows you to work with folders directly on the server.
  • Your username and password will be the username and password you set up with the mail account, or your cPanel username and password. If you set up a mail account such as webmaster[at]thiswebsite.com, the username should be webmaster+thiswebsite.com with whatever password you set it up with

Basically, if you have an e-mail account, cPanel can give you a registry file to run which will set it up for you. If not, cPanel does provide all of the information you need to set up an e-mail client after you've created a mail account.

Post back if this is confusing or if you need some more help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.