Embed Mp3 Player - Deny download access

sandogg

Reaction score
I guess this has been touched upon in this thread http://forums.x10hosting.com/programming-help/97352-streaming-audio.html

But I want to be more specific.

I am looking for a, preferably free, but would pay for it if it works, embeddable audio player which would deny attempts to download the audio source.

At the moment I am using a simple, free, flash mp3 audio player, from which it is easy to find the audio source to download the mp3 or use software etc to do so for you.

I have tried changing formats to .swf or .flv but in the end it is still possible to download these and convert them to mp3 or a usable format.

So what I am looking for is an embeddable audio player ( I don't care what format the audio has to be in) which will effectively mask its source such that you cannot download the source audio file or deny any attempts from 3rd party software etc to download the audio source.

Is this actually possible?

espfutbol98

Reaction score
You could use a simple javascript to encrypt the source but people can still eventually find out what it says with programs like firebug and the built in function in Google Chrome.

xadrieth

Reaction score
You could try screwing around with the File Permissions (CHMOD) to make it only accessable when the flash thing uses the .mp3 file, but when try to go to download the file, it won't allow it. I'm not sure on the exact settings for it though.

You could also try using .htaccess to make it Forbidden.