Exim: Offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

giannino

Reaction score
I have 2 problems with my account:

1) Exim: Offline <---- I can't able to send E-mail from my site

2) In the Forum account (Hosting Account Overview) i can not modify cPanel Name:

Forum Name: giannino (CORRECT)
cPanel Name: cino (Not correct, correct is STORE)
Ad Free: Disabled (i have insert the code in my site)

PLS HELP ME!!! :dunno:

musoc

Reaction score
Hey.... :) Exactly the same here for me for nearly a WEEK now... Please help - this is crazy? ALL my mail send protocols in PHP are sending NOTHING. This is crazy...

I am not sure that the "Ad Free: DISABLED" means - but I don't need ads - I changed my account type from advanced to standard (ad free) ages and ages ago...

PLEASE help guys --- this is really hard to deal with having a pseudofunctional site for two weeks straight now with http ftp everywhere and now exim as well... am I doing something wrong?

Chat to you all soon...

Tom...

Last edited:

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
They are working on the free server, read the news.

musoc

Reaction score
Sorry SeÑor, but I don't really understand why your post just then should have helped us in any way.

"They" doesn't help to start with - you mean EXIM? Because it doesn't matter what the news section says (wish you had provided a link - so anyone understands what you mean by news section - I can't find it).

We are not stupid just because we're not on the forum for years all day, we see what we see and I see:

Server Status:
HTTP: Online
FTP: Online
MySQL: Online
Exim: Offline

EXIM IS OFFLINE ON MY ACCOUNT. NONE, ZERO EL SILCHO OF MY PHP MAIL SEND SCRIPTS work any more. I am RAPIDLY losing members from our society and A HELL OF A LOT of credibility and respect. I have worked IMMENSELY hard on my site, knowing NOTHING of http, php, javascript, cgi-email 1 month ago to what I have now and NOTHING works because of circumstances seemingly totally beyond my control. This has been happening for two weeks (one week for EXIM) and all you can say is:

"""They are working on the free server, read the news?"""

Comon SeÑor - can you help us all or not? Please we really really usually enjoy great service and all we want is help. Not unproductive comments...

Best wishes,
Tom...

Chris Z

Reaction score
FYI, this whole company is run by volunteers, there's no money being paid anywhere, except for the IMMENSE fees that Corey (the main Admin) pays for the server and everything else here, so it's been said many times..and i will repeat and that is-if you wanna complain, then leave, we could care less

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Okay ... so you can't send mail through the webhost ... have you considered finding a free e-mail service ( Windows Live Custom Domain, Google Hosted, etc ) that offer free e-mail service?? ...

I doubt Senor can help - as he is not one of the admins ( neither am I - just a sales staff ) ... But he was trying to help. Due to server issues ( which, just a simple search of Server Issues ) would bring up a lot of messages from Corey and others stating that obvious.
Or, searching for webmail, sendmail, etc would find messages relating to that. As it has been an issue for longer than 1-2 weeks.
Possibly the people that need to know have missed the message ( it does happen )

Ad Free : Disabled just means you don't have the ad free package enabled. Since you are static hosting, then its nothing you need to worry about. Its only used for those that pay x10 to remove advertisement when they use Advanced or Corporate.

musoc

Reaction score
Dear Starshine,

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate the help and will try and follow the forums more thoroughly. Your post exhibits patience and maturity beyond my own and I appreciate the time you have taken to point our my error. I apologise for this. The email serives you mentioned I am not familiar with - but they sound pretty good! Thanks for your time.

Sinor was indeed just trying to help. I am sorry for snapping at you Sinor as well but I have just been desperate at the moment and I should have held back a lot more for something that I know and appreciate is no-one's fault. I realise you guys work incredibly hard.

And Chris Z? *Bored Yawn* I am afraid. I'm glad you're not anyone else than an Elder so you are so high up you couldn't be brown nosing. Just boring. Seriously. Check out the other thread a put up the other day for you guys http://www.x10hosting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20789 The message has since had the original message I copied and pasted removed but basically I was reporting some seriously unfair practice against x10hosting by a senior-ish member who pmed me (and probably countless others) about his great alternative service and pricing and blah blah... I respect x10 and I am the only person who I noticed reporting the PM'ing issue by that person.

Next time you want to give a boring lecture have a look for previous posts. I am always polite and respectful but I just would have appreciated a more helpful answer to begin with since I had tried to get help with this from many others as well (even if my response was disproportionate - I have apologised and I know I was in the wrong). Anyway, that's my bit. Just pick someone else to rant at. I like this service and everyone in these forums are usually really really friendly and really helpful as well. I always look around everywhere for the latest news, but my problem didn't seem to appear in the server page when I checked all the comments and appeared to be a side issue with a select group of customers - which is why when I saw giannino's comment I thought I should add mine so that people were aware it was happening to others as well...

I apologise to the rest of you for my ranting rude behaviour,

Best wishes and kind regards,
Tom...

musoc

Reaction score
Dear Starshine,

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate the help and will try and follow the forums more thoroughly. Your post exhibits patience and maturity beyond my own and I appreciate the time you have taken to point our my error. I apologise for this. The email serives you mentioned I am not familiar with - but they sound pretty good! Thanks for your time.

Sinor was indeed just trying to help. I am sorry for snapping at you Sinor as well but I have just been desperate at the moment and I should have held back a lot more for something that I know and appreciate is no-one's fault. I realise you guys work incredibly hard.

And Chris Z? *Bored Yawn* I am afraid. I'm glad you're not anyone else than an Elder so you are so high up you couldn't be brown nosing. Just boring. Seriously. Check out the other thread a put up the other day for you guys http://www.x10hosting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20789 The message has since had the original message I copied and pasted removed but basically I was reporting some seriously unfair practice against x10hosting by a senior-ish member who pmed me (and probably countless others) about his great alternative service and pricing and blah blah... I respect x10 and I am the only person who I noticed reporting the PM'ing issue by that person.

Next time you want to give a boring lecture have a look for previous posts. I am always polite and respectful but I just would have appreciated a more helpful answer to begin with since I had tried to get help with this from many others as well (even if my response was disproportionate - I have apologised and I know I was in the wrong). Anyway, that's my bit. Just pick someone else to rant at. I like this service and everyone in these forums are usually really really friendly and really helpful as well. I always look around everywhere for the latest news, but my problem didn't seem to appear in the server page when I checked all the comments and appeared to be a side issue with a select group of customers - which is why when I saw giannino's comment I thought I should add mine so that people were aware it was happening to others as well...

I apologise to the rest of you for my ranting rude behaviour,

Best wishes and kind regards,
Tom...

Status
Not open for further replies.