Extremely frequent downtimes in Cossacks.x10

Status
Not open for further replies.

z_killemall

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I don't like to yell and complain about everything, but in the last weeks the frequent downtimes in the adfree Cossacks server are getting really annoying.

I'm pretty sure there's no way to move your account to another server, but is there any chance the server will become stable again soon? I'm really happy with the services and attention we get here, but I'll need something more stable for my upcoming website and I'd hate to have to migrate to another hosting provider for this reason (which would be extremely hard since AFAIK this is the best free hosting service available).

Thanks in advance,
z_killemall

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many sites are served from each free host? Maybe x10 has just gotten too popular.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I've spoken with many of the administrators for the site, and I really don't think they'd create downtime to get people to upgrade to paid hosting :p They really seem to take a lot of pride in x10 and as annoyed as we get as free users, they are just as annoyed. I really think that stability and uptime have gotten better since a month or two ago. But, as you can see, with no inactivity ban and no php version system, a lot of people are probably abusing the servers. I know recently there was a notice that a user found a way to max out the processor on Absolut and crash it. I'm gonna hang around here at x10 and I'd recommend anyone to do the same.

I do plan on going to paid when I get my site together because you really can't run a professional site on free hosting. For less than $100/yr. I think it's definitely worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.