F.E.A.R. Game Questions

moose

Reaction score
First of all, I just watched the e3 trailer for F.E.A.R. and that scared the poop out of me atleast 3 times. I heard the game is great for making playable maps. Now is that true? I mod Halo CE but I heard from another Halo CE map maker that F.E.A.R.'s map making tools are really easy to use and have a wide range for making maps.

Second of all, is it just me or is this thing a total Video Card Hogger??

Source from Maximum PC Magazine - January 2006 said:
untitled18eh2.jpg

I mean look at it.. 28/36 FPS?? That is crappy as poop!

Although 125 FPS on Halo would be crazy as heck.

What do you think about this??

Akkarin

Reaction score
Well I dunno about the map builder in F.E.A.R. I played the demo of both single player and multiplayer with a ATI Radeon 9600 Gfx Card and it worked fine for me, though the settings had to be set to minimal. The game is amazing in singleplayer, but multiplayer just did not do it for me. If you like Unreal Tournament you'll love the MP.

moose

Reaction score
I also tried out the demo.

Shooting is somewhat difficult without the help of the bullet time, but the AI is truely amazing.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Remember guys, that benchmarking is having the games set on full settings, everything optimized so that the graphics on the game are tweaked to the fullest. Every little Cvar is set so the graphics are displaying as high as possible. And believe me the 7800GTX owns all personal use cards on the market right now.

moose

Reaction score
Yeah, it is on the highest settings. So I guess it's pretty darn amazing to be running on 28/36 FPS.

Damn I want two 7800GTX's. Better buy tons of cookies for Santa..

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
moose said:
Yeah, it is on the highest settings. So I guess it's pretty darn amazing to be running on 28/36 FPS.

Damn I want two 7800GTX's. Better buy tons of cookies for Santa..

LOL, who doesn't? :drool: I drool anytime I see a picture of them SLIed.