Final touches

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I was just wondering if ...after you get your forum up and running if there are any final touches you have to do to the files on the server ? do you have to change all the file permissions or password all the directories or is your forum good the way it sits after you upload it :eek:nline2lo

Chris

Reaction score
I mean you don't really need to do anyting extra... What exactly did you have to CHMOD, if anything?

And no, you don't need to password protect directories. It depends on what you would password protect, but it would probably restrict users from even viewing the forum.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
ok cool now one more question ....one of my users asked about running a gaming server. What is involved in this. Or could my forum get hooked up with the gaming server x10 is trying to get running

Chris

Reaction score
No, we don't do that... You have to get your own server.

If you do want to set it up, either pay to get a server hosted, or build your own server like I did. I just used old hardware. The only thing is I don't think you have a fast connection like T1 or T3, so your server won't be very fast. Besides, you'd have to get an actual good server, not one with old hardware.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
ok ....thanx for the info you have been very helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.