Finished school YAY!!!

Synkc

Reaction score
Today was my last day of year 12, forever :biggrin:
I've done all my exams and assignments, and finally It's all over :biggrin:
Didn't really do much today; everyone was too tired/excited/crazy to do anything lol.

So, anyone here from Australia going to schoolies?

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Good for you, I think you have a long vacation ahead of you.

kevinant

Reaction score
same here...do you live in sydney othawise why do u finished school at nearly same time as me? I've just finished my HSC exams 4 days ago (my gf finished it today) and <my account got terminated because of long inactivity> and no i'm not going to schoolies because my gf does not want to go to the schoolie but I'll go to the school formal...

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I know this is a lame question, but what is Schoolies?

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
I didn't know school finished in november neither, maybe because of their physical location on earth...

Well, for me, school is not finished yet and won't be before months.

Synkc

Reaction score
same here...do you live in sydney othawise why do u finished school at nearly same time as me? I've just finished my HSC exams 4 days ago (my gf finished it today) and <my account got terminated because of long inactivity> and no i'm not going to schoolies because my gf does not want to go to the schoolie but I'll go to the school formal...

I live in Hervey Bay, Queensland, so the Gold Coast isn't too far away for me.

I know this is a lame question, but what is Schoolies?

http://www.schoolies.com/2007/about/about-schoolies.asp

School ends in november in Australia?

Well, year 12's at my school finish on November the ninth; the rest of the school finishes between November 28th - December-ish. We can come back next week if we want to, for parties/social stuff etc. or, for the majority of people, to play pranks, hehehe.

kevinant

Reaction score
I live in Hervey Bay, Queensland, so the Gold Coast isn't too far away for me.

http://www.schoolies.com/2007/about/about-schoolies.asp

Well, year 12's at my school finish on November the ninth; the rest of the school finishes between November 28th - December-ish. We can come back next week if we want to, for parties/social stuff etc. or, for the majority of people, to play pranks, hehehe.

Wow..I thought schoolies is just an activity held by individual group of students but apparently it's an organisational activity....i did not know that schoolies have an official website.....Well I'm not going to schoolies but some of my friends is going to schoolies in 2 weeks time.

It's a bit different in NSW.. you graduated in September but you have to do statewide exam in October-November.. unlike QLD they only take accounts of school marks and assesments...

The school wouldn't allows us to come back for party until 19/20th december... they will have the end-of-yr12 BBQ party thing. by then we'll know our HSC results

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
And here I just started school. *laughs* But I like the way my classes are set up. 1 class every 5 weeks.
Just finishing up my first course, start my next course on Tuesday. :)
I'll have my Bachelor's in Psychology sometime in 4 years. *laughs*

Wowie

Reaction score
I see, so graduation there in Australia is November. Here in the Philippines its in the month of March.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
In my area ... High School ( Or grade 12, or whatever you want to call it ) :

Seniors ( depending on location ) can finish up in May ... school ends ( for the rest ) early June.
College ( Universities ) end at various times throughout the year. But most have graduations around the same time as the High Schools. ( May / June )

arsonistx

Reaction score
Congratulations! Too bad I'll never get my HSD. Haha, but that's okay, I know how to make money without that. :p