and was wonderin how to blend/fade the border of
each image so it kinda looks all smooth, so it doesn't
look like it was cut and pasted.

i offer 500 points.

eZakto

Reaction score
PaintShop Pro, ehm....

Try this:
Image -> Effects -> Buttonize -> Height: 15~/ Width: 15~/ Opacity: To like/ Check "Transparent Edge".

Bye! :D

Cubeform

Reaction score
Do you mean he cut and pasted the different images (of the people) into his sig? Or do you simply want to smooth the sig border?

I don't use Paint Shop Pro, but I know Photoshop and GIMP both have a "feather edges" option. He just sets the feathering to 1 or two pixels, cuts and pastes.

If you're wondering how he selected the people out of their respective image in the first place, he either
a) used the Magic Wand tool (the bad way)
b) used levels and channels to separate the person from the background (too much to explain here)
c) used the Path tool (the meticulous, complex way)
d) winged it (the very bad way)

If you mean the latter, use eZakto's way.

Last edited:

Rufio1

Reaction score
eraser tool is what your better off with. and your friend should probably go to pixel2life. I search
"blending renders" on in the serach box and came up with some examples.

edit: after looking in pixel2life i found a tut on using the free lasso to blend the images. you can actually feather an image on PSP. then you can use the brush tool to brush some of it.

eZakto's way only works if the render covers the whole area of the canvas, whisch most renders dont. although that looks like a great way to make a border.

ps. tell ur friend to get photoshop lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.