flash help needed

gazzamc

Reaction score
Alright guys i have macromedia flash 8 and i want to make a kinda flash preloader before you enter the site with a button on it saying enter.....could someone help i'm new to flash.

Thanks in advance

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
pre-loaders are the easiest thing to find on flash tutorials. if you search google for preloader flash tutorial, you will find some.

mygorillanet

Reaction score
I agree, flash preloaders arent that hard to make but since you are a newbie in that field, it might be tough for you. Check out these two links, they have prety detailed tutorials on how to proceed.

1. bestflashanimationsite-com/tutorials/3/
2. smartwebby-com/Flash/Flash_simple_preloader-asp

ps: replace minus sign with a dot.

gazzamc

Reaction score
when i have finished making my preloader what extension will export it with to upload it here???and how do i get it to come up before my site so that you can access my site from it like what extension does it need to be(.html etc..)

Last edited:

port5800

Reaction score
you have to make your entire site in flash...you dont put preloader on the first page and then the site on the second page...its just one .swf file

after you make you preloader make a second scene in flash under the windows sub menu you should find one called scene(you might have to dig around for it) soooooo
Scene1 (preloader)
Scene2 (main site)
got it? if you need a sample file let me know i will post it

Sohail

Reaction score
I can do this for you. If you can PM me with FTP information then i will do everything for you as i have had a lot of experience with Flash.