Flexible Web Host

joemgap

Reaction score
Okay, how do I start?

At first the person will register, he will be having 10 points for a hosting account

Example:
100 MB Storage cost 1 point
1000 GB Bandwidth cost 1 point
10 MB of 1 Database cost 1 point
1 Domain Add-on cost 1 point
3 Sub-domain cost 1 point
1 Email Account cost 1 point
and ect.

He can choose any of them even repeatedly until his points run out.

Of course some services are fixed.

Understood? :tongue: BTW, is it possible? :wink:

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
It is possible, but not feasible for the amount of accounts that x10Hosting hosts. A smaller web host might be more likely to use a setup like this.

Last edited:

joemgap

Reaction score
Can you make this on a new web server/host? Of course registered members with hosting account cannot make another account of this until her/his will be deleted. I saw that many will enjoy this kind of taste. Hehehe., And of course this hosting plan had limitation on quatity it will be a reliable hosting. Right?

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
No, that is not possible from us.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is I have a rough idea of how many users are on each server; it's just not feasible to try and make a setup like this work with how many we already -have- on the server.

If we wanted to nuke everything and start over it'd work, but I'm willing to bet there'll be a STORM of folks yelling at me if I were to suggest that. So I won't.

joemgap

Reaction score
Oh come on people. When you see this post please shout to suggest this.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
With all respect, if one of the experts on the SAN setup and one of the longer-standing admins of x10hosting says it is no longer possible, I'd venture to guess it is no longer possible.

Edit: I should point out that I'm not against the idea, but making a new server just for this would still require a new SAN as the current one is, to the best of my knowledge, designed to handle 4 servers, not 5. That alone would be a bit of a headache.

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Not to mention that due to the way WHM works, there would need to be a hosting "package" for every possible option, which would also be a pain to manage, especially once you consider how prime/illuminated would work with this...

Last edited:

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
I'd put a good bet on the current system being heavily modified. As the forums/Hosting accounts are integrated with one another, and the forums having the user group setup that they have.

The best example of this is the prime membership, it alters your forum title and your hosting package.

I like the current system, I wouldn't want to see it change unless the majority thought it was necessary.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Not to mention that due to the way WHM works, there would need to be a hosting "package" for every possible option, which would also be a pain to manage, especially once you consider how prime/illuminated would work with this...

Actually Skizzerz, WHM allows for options (domains, etc) to be changed per account, the hosting packages are just a baseline for what you can do.