Flowchart for Web Design Process: Make Sense?

darkX3536

Reaction score
Hi, I have created a flowchart on Web Design process in a bid to help myself to understand what has to be done in creating a website.

DesignProcess.jpg

This is based on the book "Head First Web Design"; will add more details as I try to understand more of the book.

In the meantime, I need to know whether am I getting it right; please advise.

Thanks!

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Every webdesigner may work in a different order, so ask any two designers how they would do something and you would most likely receive two different answers. Overall your flowchart has the basics laid out correct (i.e. You wouldn't do sketches after doing the coding) and those are the major essential items of work for a design process. Generally I find that a substantial number of those topics end up merging and I may be reworking the navigation when I realise it doesn't fit with the coding etc.

darkX3536

Reaction score
Thanks! As I read further into the book, I realised there is more to add... Stay tuned!

v4xde

Reaction score
would be nice to have a number on each step you do first.
v

darkX3536

Reaction score
Well, actually, I got a more detailed version now, thing is, I still can't export it as a picture (memory problems despite having 4GB of RAM)... :frown:

And it should be read from left-to-right; that's why I didnt really come up with a numbering system... :wink: