Flyers - Do They Work?

Armacci Design

Reaction score
I'm talking about good old fashioned pieces of paper with colors and words left in public places. Has anybody advertised their website this way? I ask because I'm currently helping a friend advertise his new website, and while I've designed many sites in the past, I've never done much advertising.

So, is it generally a good idea to advertise a site with printable flyers, or should he save his money for more important matters? :)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If he can leave the flyers in related places I guess it could help some, by attracting the right kind of people. It's all a matter of weather he can get the flyers done cheap, as I guess only a part of the flyers would actually be equal to a new (regular) visitor to the site.

Never tried that though, on the other hand I've never had a website that I really wanted to advertise, as they are only hobby projects for learning so far.

wjh2303

Reaction score
as ladyanna says, it depends on the price. Take a stab at how many fliers it would take to attract one visit, and so how much it would cost to attract one visit, then work out if that is worth it compared to other forms of advertising. Clever placing would probably make a big difference to your 'click through rate'. Just treat the economics the same as you would online advertising, you have the quality of the targeting, the clickthough rate, and the value per click....

haslam1

Reaction score
YES & no flyers only work if you target area and send out millions (personal experience)
and from that you may only get one or two customers but way to advertise is online or let people find your flyers

julescaballero

Reaction score
Yes, its an old fashion way of add, but it works if you offer a big deal offer or a very low price product, event just to let know your products or services at the beginning or every time you need.

hladeks

Reaction score
Yes, flyers definitely do work - you just have to figure out the right place to leave them at, a one where the members of the target audience are likely to congregate. But it is not exactly a cheap way of advertising, if it is to be effective - you need to have nice paper and have them printed in color, and get a pro to do the layout. All that costs money and you need to decide whether the profit it turns in is really worth it. ;)