Forums have been down now for a week - problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BretFan1

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with my forums on http://brethart.x10hosting.com . The actual address of the forums is: http://brethart.x10hosting.com/forum

They have been down now for over a week. When you try to go to them, the following message comes up:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix this? It's happened before in the past, but then they would come back up later in the day. It's been at least a week they have been down now.

User: brethart
site: brethart.x10hosting.com

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

lambada

Reaction score
Check the news. There has been a server move and there is now an appropriate thread to post in. I repeat, always check the news.

Thankyou.

BretFan1

Reaction score
I posted in there but have not received any information yet.

Even if it's a simple inbox message of "we will fix your problem in (insert number) days" i'd really appreciate it, I'm getting all kinds of emails from the members on my forums wondering where they are.

Thanks again guys!

Last edited:

BretFan1

Reaction score
Forum is still down at: brethart.x10hosting.com/forum

The rest of the website works fine, is completely up, and loads fast. It's just the forum which I still get the same error.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
BretFan1 said:
Forum is still down at: brethart.x10hosting.com/forum

The rest of the website works fine, is completely up, and loads fast. It's just the forum which I still get the same error.

It is likely that your forum may have been lost in the server transfer; Corey only had a few days to manually transfer from the old server to the new server of portions of accounts based on requests on the thread in News and Announcements. Do you still have the files necessary for installing a phpbb forum?

Last edited:

BretFan1

Reaction score
Yeah I do. But that REALLY sucks if I lost all of my 160 members and thousands of posts. I did actually post in that post in the News Forum about backing up my stuff. Looks like it wasn't? :( Anyway you can make sure 100%?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.