S-POP3 Online
SMTP Offline
DNS Online
SSH Online

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Im 98.9% sure that MySQL isnt down, but a firewall problem...

Makubex

Reaction score
Brandon....umm i think the sql server is down...cus alll of cus cant have a firewall problem :frown:

oh thanks Liveewire....they say its back up now woot :biggrin:

Edit: ummm... yeah nvm...i just tried it and it seems as if its still down...

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
(and again it's up XD)

And I don't know how much I trust the MySQL up/down thing (think i said this in another topic). Every time so far that it's said it's down my site still loads, and it shouldn't - everything except the header/footer and right-bar has mysql in it and it's all displaying properly...

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes they way I have it set up it makes a socket connect attempt to the free server; the free server firewall isn't allowing the sustained server to make that socket open, hence it shows "Offline" even though its online. I am currently fixing this problem.

Makubex

Reaction score
Oh I see now Brandon
Well yeah i think theres something wrong with teh PHPSuexec agian, cus well i posted a thread about it...and i then saw related threads from back then and well yeah...im getting teh 500 Internal Server Error now...and everything seems to be set as the right CHMOD....and yeah I guess i thougth it was cus of the MSQL server being down...can someone help me with that?..u can post on the thread i have now or if its related to this one u can put it in here and delete my thread...Thanks

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I got good news and bad news.

Good: I finally was online when mysql really _was_ down.

Bad: My site really needs a repair so it can HANDLE mysql being down (it stretches my page with the error XD )

Still, it's good to know it's been noticed, and now I know I broke my website because it wasn't built to handle mysql errors. Now I know what my project for tonight is gunna be :)

Status
Not open for further replies.