Free MMORPG?

bryansyk

Reaction score
first of all... im sorry that this is not a post that tells you the free mmorpgs that i have to offer... anyway.. im sure all of u are aware that most of the good mmorpgs are KOREAN woohoo! this includes roseonline, muonline, ragnarok, lineage I & II, shininglore, gate to heavens, kingdom of winds, and pristontale... and if i forgot to mention some other korean game forgive me(just know that the games are korean so that korean people have at least one thing to be proud of their culture)... and im not saying that only korean mmorpgs are good... there is ultima online, and there is everquest , WOW, and DIABLO!! in US i believe... yeah...

Korean community is big on their mmorpgs and since in korea every pc game package is shared through warez, and because they also provide cd key generator that actually works (most even work online), it is no need for game players to purchase the package spending $40~50. And because of this most of the korean gaming industries turned to online mmorpgs which requires you to pay online to them directly which makes warez sharing useless which gains them the profit they deserve.

However korean players still enjoy the freedom of playing their mmorpgs for free. you know wut the reason is?... the free beta testing. Because the compatition is intense between the companies who provide the awesome mmorpgs, they go through a long period of free beta testing with the high quality completion game that they have developed for years. Some games gain popularity extremely fast and move to the pay 2 play phase early, while some other game that arn't as popular (still great games) go through a longer period of beta testing, trying to gain more popularity as well as fix their bugs and problems that might have lost them some players. And the games that gain alot of popularity in Korea gets developed into english and usually goes through shorter time of beta testing before they get into service (because they are already fully developed games anyway)...

all the games i have listed above, i have played before some when they did closed beta testing and most through their open beta testing. and i quit after they announced that we had to pay 2 play. but as i grew older and was more aware of the status of the gaming industries around the world. i have come to realize that if we don't contribute to the gaming industries, they will seize to provide their great games for beta testing and might as well not give the users the opportunity to play unless they pay.

so the 2 important morals that are hidden in my story are... that you should

1. LEARN KOREAN (LOL) (so you can play games with great quality for free for a long period of time) because korean cultures have been spreading less far and quickly compared to japanese and chinese cultures (i have never seen a korean language class but i see japanese and chinese class in every high school).

2. .. this is the real one haha... PAY FOR THE GAME IF YOU LIKE IT i shouldn't be talkin right now cuz i just downloaded photoshop.. .haha anyway... there are great games that deserves to get payed... and if they go out of service because they arn't getting enough financial support..

THANKS FOR LISTEN TO MY STORY ^___^ REPLY BACK FOR ANY COMMENTS

sariel

Reaction score
Hrm......
most of them are free, and remain free, beta or not.

Why?

Difference in licensing. You pay by buying upgrades or armour from them. They are usually small items, which don't upset the balance of the game, but do help the player.

XColl

Reaction score
Tomballa said:
Silkroad is free and very good.

http://www.silkroadonline.net/

Hell yes! I'm on the Xian server. I'm lvl 36 hit me up man. I'll let you in my guild, etc. :eek4:

Silkroad Online is a beta but is a game because so many people are buying items items in the game. SRO will expand soon enough.

Last edited:

zrog94

Reaction score
I am downlodaing Silkroad now!! looks so fun!! :biggrin: :hahano:

zrog94

Reaction score
I am playing it now!!! it is so fun!! thanks for saying somthing about this RPG!! it is the best! (Along with maplestory!! lol)

Tomballa

Reaction score
XColl said:
Hell yes! I'm on the Xian server. I'm lvl 36 hit me up man. I'll let you in my guild, etc. :eek4:

Silkroad Online is a beta but is a game because so many people are buying items items in the game. SRO will expand soon enough.
Im Level 21 on the Xian server.

Username: Tomballa

Im already in a guild though. Just ask to be my friend in game and we can try to find each other.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
yes i am getting silk road right now!

XColl

Reaction score
Yeah. Just pm Lithumian on the Xian server and tell me you're from here if you're guildless. You gotta be active though. ^^