Free Signup Bug

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
A small bug was found in the "email part" of the cron script to create the free hosting accounts every night. It has been fixed though, so no worries there.

If you signed up recently and are now seeing that your domain and username are "taken", and you never receieved an email, try going to the domain you signed up with in a web browser. If it loads, it means your account has been created and was affected by this "bug".

If your account has been created and you did not get the email, please post your username and subdomain here, and I will PM your account's details to you.

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Looks like you already have your details.. ;)

Do you really want the PM with the email in it? I don't see the point.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if I got affected by the bug or not (i get "the server is taking too long to respond" rather than "firefox cannot find the server at"). When you said loads, is there supposed to be a page or something that says "under construction," or something to that effect?

If we were supposed to get "server is taking too long to respond," my username is eriwevil and the subdomain livewire.x10hosting.com

Sorry if this is an inconvenience (I'm more trying to figure out why I can't register, and this seems to fit since I'm getting two different error pages, and the one I'm getting seems to imply that there's something there).

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Livewire said:
Not sure if I got affected by the bug or not (i get "the server is taking too long to respond" rather than "firefox cannot find the server at"). When you said loads, is there supposed to be a page or something that says "under construction," or something to that effect?

If we were supposed to get "server is taking too long to respond," my username is eriwevil and the subdomain livewire.x10hosting.com

Sorry if this is an inconvenience (I'm more trying to figure out why I can't register, and this seems to fit since I'm getting two different error pages, and the one I'm getting seems to imply that there's something there).

Did you used to have an account with us at one point?

-Corey

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
An incredibly long time ago, but this problem only started occuring today (the old account was lost in the server wipe you guys did a month or two ago, and didn't use the subdomain livewire. if memory serves, it was drtalon.x10hosting.com).

Edit: Mustve still had something to do with the script. Problem fixed itself (subdomain was free for registration again as of 1 minute ago), so my best guess is my entry was still stuck in the lottery and din't get removed when it was supposed to. Thanks for looking anyways.

Last edited: