free sub domain provider allow add zone records

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I haven't found one.

The problem with free domains is either they aren't free (CO.CC is not free after the first year) or they don't offer DNS hosting (CO.NR uses redirections)

If you want a decent domain, you gotta pay, unfortunately :(

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
co.cc domains are free (permanently) so long as it's for personal use.

From their FAQ:
"If your domain is for personal, non-commercial use only, you do not need to pay for it.
In addition, you do not need to renew your domain.
We allow you to use our domain for free for the purpose of non-commercial use.

In case your domain is for commercial use, you do not need to pay for registration.
However, you should renew your domain after a year. The renewal cost is $3 a year. "

zen-r

Reaction score

From their FAQ:
"If your domain is for personal, non-commercial use only, you do not need to pay for it.

In case your domain is for commercial use, you do not need to pay for registration.
However, you should renew your domain after a year. The renewal cost is $3 a year. "

Interesting.

I've never needed to look at the .co.cc site myself, because I don't plan to use their domains. But there have been a lot of other users who have posted facts about them in this forum, with many of them pointing out that it is now only free for 1 year.

You are the first person I've noticed here who's actually added this rather relevant fact - so thanks!

I wonder, though, how strictly .co.cc will apply the commercial use rule? For example, there many are people with small, mainly personal use websites, but that have ads placed on them. Since ads can generate income, this could re-classify their site as commercial, & make them liable for the fee.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score

From their FAQ:

It seems they have upgraded their service recently. I registered only months ago and my expiration date is set clear as day.

308coxg.jpg

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
But you can ignore that, the expiration date only applies if you are using the domain for commercial purposes. All my domains have expired, however I can still use them

mr kennedy

Reaction score
You can try to use afraid.org .... they have lots of domains to choose from and they're really fast when it comes to DNS propagation... it's like 15 Minutes tops :D

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
when co.cc domain expires then when you visit your website there will be a small frame saying the domain is expired and i dont know how can they tell if the domain is not used for commercial purposes?