Freelance Web Design

Reaction score
I have a freelance webdesign website: christiandavies.net

Can i please have some comments, suggestions etc on how to improve or promote myself. I have a very limited budget so cheap or even free ways would be great.

Also any comments on my website would be great, thanks :)

garrette

Reaction score
Hmm I don't have too much experience, but social networking sites such as facebook would be great to promote your site. I'm sure you know what it is, but invite people to your page, and see if you could get some of your friends to post about a link to your site and what it is you do. Word of mouth, or in this case text, can go quite a long way.

You could also pay to have ads put on sites, or ask local companies or businesses in your area if they would like help with the creation of a website. Most businesses, mostly small, around me don't have a website, and I'm sure you could find business that way as well.

Those are my suggestions, and I think your site does look pretty good. I wish you luck with your freelancing!

wyedamnit

Reaction score
Christian,

I apologize to offer a little criticism, but I hope my honesty will benefit you. I really am intending to help.

Your site & the examples in your portfolio look like simple template designs that I could find myself on the web for free. If I had found your site when I was looking for a web designer late last year, I wouldn't have contacted you for a quote for this reason alone.

The next thing which you should specify more clearly is your services or the type of development that you can do. Your site says HTML pages but you don't specify whether this is pure HTML only or if you can use any other languages such as CGI or PHP. You also don't list Javascript as a service. These are critical points because very few commercial websites these days are simple HTML. Dynamic webpages are a user expectation, & some programming is required to accomplish this.

I recommend that you take an audit of every skill that you can offer in web design & list them in greater detail so that potential customers can see at a glance whether you might be a good match. I also recommend that you treat your own website as the most important project of your career & give it & the new portfolio examples a fresh update.

Best Regards

mukhi

Reaction score
nice!!!

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Nice!!! :)