FTP/Subdomain trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arucard98

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm setting up a site right, and I put all the info in for a subdomain, and then make an FTP account to the folder that the subdomain is going to, and when i try to connect to the ftp, all is well, but suddenly my ftp client pops up with an error says:

Request denied.
Verify that the file or folder exists and that you have the neccessary permissions on the server to perform the requested operation.

So I go to the subdomain, to make sure it's there, and it works just fine (http://h4x0r.smirlbot.com)

After doing some prowling around cPanel trying to figure it out, I read that sometimes it takes a few hours for a subdomain to finish being setup, so I've waited about 6 hours now, and it still isn't working, so I decided to post about it and see if anyone could help.

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Make sure that you type in the information correctly. It may also be a suggestion, if it still doesn't work, to wait a day or so and try again.

Also, what FTP program are you using?

Arucard98

Reaction score
I'm useing CuteFTP, I'll try again when the computer I use for that stuff comes online, ya, all the information is correct, it would tell me if the login and stuff was wrong with a different error.

Chris S

Retired
Reaction score
can you login to smirlbot.com? if so try to then access that folder through the main logon

Arucard98

Reaction score
Well see thing is is I want another person to be able to use the login without having any access to my other files.

Edit:

Yea, it still is giving me the same error

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.