FTP Timeout Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

CypherXero

Reaction score
I've been connecting to my FTP for a LONG time, and I haven't changed any settings. I use FileZilla as my FTP manager, and I'm connecting to 69.93.194.58, with a normal login, using my username and password. I'm getting this when trying to connect:

Code:
Error:	Unable to connect!

I have a domain, and my site is:
http://www.collegechixors.com

And I really need to connect to my FTP site, so I can change some PHP files, among other things.

Chris

Reaction score
You should really use ftp.sub.x10hosting.com for the server. Try that, and let us know if that works.

CypherXero

Reaction score
It's still not working, I can't connect no matter which way I choose. I think there could be some kind of problem with the FTP server.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I can FTP in using FlashFXP fine... try using IE and see if you get the same results.

-Corey

CypherXero

Reaction score
I tried to connect in IE, but it's like the folder doesn't exist, or that I can't reach the server. And I know it's not my connection at home, because now I'm at my University (it works here, too), and it still can't connect. I attached an image of what IE says when I try to connect to the FTP

Attachments

• ftp_ie_error.jpg
    ftp_ie_error.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 118

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to reset your password and PM it to you in a few.

-Corey

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm lost on this one, I just reset your password and logged into your account via FTP with it.

Using IE to go to ftp://collegechixors.com it pops up a login box. Someone recently had a FTP problem and was caused by the passive FTP transfer option.. try turning that on\off.

-Corey

Attachments

• cypher.JPG
    cypher.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 102

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Issue resolved over AIM.

Closed.

Status