FTP uploads stopping at 16.7 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibemad86

Reaction score
Exactly as title says. I'm using Filezilla to upload 7-zip archives. The cPanel uploader works fine, but it would take FOREVER to upload all my files using it. Right now no FTP is a dealbreaker for me.

EDIT: Hmm... according to filezilla:

Response: 552 Transfer aborted. Disk quota exceeded

Doesn't seem exactly "unmetered" to me... ;)

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Unmetered is not unlimited. There is an upload limit of 16MB on a free account via FTP, as outlined on our website. http://x10hosting.com/free-hosting-comparison
You should be able to upload up to 64MB via the cPanel file manager. What are you trying to upload that's more than 16MB?
Premium has limits of 128MB if you're interested in upgrading.

Thanks.

ibemad86

Reaction score
The maximum file size I need to upload is 200 MB. I guess I'll have to find a better free host.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Or a host that will allow you to upload whatever massive content it is you're trying to upload.
We are a web host, not a file storage service.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
note the 16MB limit in FTP is per file, so if you extract the 7z on your computer and upload the files individually, it should work

EDIT: we restrict the upload size because it's a very good way of stopping people from uploading illegal things like Thor.avi or whatnot -- people abusing our services are the sole reason for sluggishness, and if we can prevent the abuse before it even happens, all the better for the other users!

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Or, you know, maps for steam in violation of the File Hosting section of the terms of service.

Oh, look at that. That's what you were uploading too! Well no worries, we're forcing you to find another host now. You're permanently suspended, goodbye.

ibemad86

Reaction score
Found a much better one. I could always create another account here anyway if I need one.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
If you do create another account here, then please abide the TOS in its entirety to prevent suspension and termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.