Full Backup from Cpanel (???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

draikun

Reaction score
well... as you can see here (http://forums.x10hosting.com/showthread.php?t=16514) recently you have terminated my site and all files has gone... Then I applied for a new site and now I already have it...

luckily, I made a full backup from CPANEL on 31-5, but now I have a question:

1.This backup will restore ALL the files I had?

2.How can I upload the full backup?? I've tried uploading this on "Restore a Home backup", I've tried this, and then it showed a message saying that all files I have was uploaded, then I go to see but there are no files... and then I see that:

Note: You cannot restore these backups, they can only be restored by your administrator.

So... can you upload my backup??? or there is a different way???

And now I let you some information:
site: nushe.x10hosting.com
username: draikun
backup size: 20,1 MB
backup: http://rapidshare.de/files/22086332/backup-5.31.2006_09-16-46_draikun.tar.gz.html

Thanks in advanced ^^U

James

Banned
Reaction score
A admin needs to do this, and restore the old one.

James

Banned
Reaction score
id help you, but id need acsess to WHM, to do it, so you will have to wait till Corey or Bryon comes on, or another sernor staff member.

Another way to do it is, open the backup with winrar, and find public_html then get ur files, and extract them to desktop, then upload them and also restore any database via "backup" and they will be in the mysql folder i think.

hope this helps, otherwise wait till someone helps u out

draikun

Reaction score
ok now I'll try ^^ and then I will say if it worked or no ^^

anyway... thank you very much :lol:

tikloos

Reaction score
PSP-Heaven said:
Why cant we restore full backups? Was someone abusing this in some way?
No - it has always been like that..

draikun

Reaction score
ok... it seems that it worked (thanks ^^U) but not at all... because I'm having problems with mysql...

I can upload mysql.. but then when I go to my forum for example it says:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@nushe.x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.36 Server at www.nushe.x10hosting.com Port 80

can someone help me to upload the mysql???

thanks ^^UU

Torch

Reaction score
I don't think it's a problem with your DB. Try changing CHMOD on all your php files to 755, that should fix the error you're getting. Also it might be good idea to temporarily delete or rename your .htacess, because that too could be causing the problem if it's not configured correctly.

Last edited:

James

Banned
Reaction score
thats not the problem, its becuse phpbb now needs its database config file reset up, as its does know where to look. This is a new account so the password is differnt etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.