gallery script...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikel2k3

Reaction score
Heya,

Ive been posting in this forum for help for this, but now that im offering points/cash for this help, i thought i might as well post here :)

Ive been designing a clients website for a while now, and the only thing that is holding me back is the gallery pages. Normally I would use lightbox or some other scripts but he has specifically asked for it to appear like this one:
http://www.nikkihill.com/folio.php?name=wed2

And it need to be implemented onto:
http://www.distrasdesigns.com/globalglimpses/

All that he really wants is that when you click a thumbnail, a larger version of it will appear next to it.

The only way I could think of this was doing it in an Iframe, but I know there are better ways to do it.

If somebody can do this for me, or give me some 1-1 help creating it, I would be very greatful, and i will donate you some points or money £/$

- Mike

nexhunter

Reaction score
You could use adobe lightroom if you own one. would you want it in php or flash. i would choose flash becuase they then can't right click and get link to image or save the image. also what would the width and hieght requirements be

Last edited:

mikel2k3

Reaction score
Thats the awkwad part...

Some of the images are portrait and some are landscape.

I think im going to just have to make seperate html pages for each larger image when its clicked.

Daaaaaamn its going to take a long time!!

Any other ideas are welcome still that would save me time :)

mikel2k3

Reaction score
php would be fine i suppose...

As long as the gallery works and appears like it does on the one mentioned at the beginning of this thread

mikel2k3

Reaction score
ok, im thinking of doing this using an Iframe for the thumbnails, then just a hella lot of pages for each larger image on the main page.

Not ideal, but it can be done.

I need somebody that can DEFINATLY do it if im going to pay somebody to help me

Slothie

Reaction score
Didn't you read my post, I can 'definitely' do this, in fact I could even make it easy to run.

Just dump the photos in the folder and it'll automatically resize the thumbnails for you :)

mikel2k3

Reaction score
Surely having the full sized photos as thumbnails would make them take ages to upload?

and once you click a thumbnail, it will appear how i originally stated?

eddysweb

Reaction score
yea i would personally use PHP but if you really want to use html, then you could use thumbnails (easily generated using Microsoft Image Resizer, google it) and a iframe that loads the photo. This also means that the page doesn't resize but my one major suggestion would be to Slothie, lol if someone offers to do it for you, then don't pass it by lol

Status
Not open for further replies.