Gamer's Lounge Rules - Read before you post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Gamer's Lounge Rules...
These rules have been put together just for the Gamer's Lounge forum, because there were never any rules for it and people seemed to be taking advantage of this. There's no excuse for doing this now, so if you do something wrong I don't want to hear the excuse 'but I didn't know there were any rules', they're quite clearly here. Please do remember that the usual forum rules apply to Gamer's Lounge too unless otherwise stated, these are just additional rules specific to this forum.

1) Don't post anything related to warez or piracy...
Gamer's Lounge isn't a hangout for pirates. You will not be permitted to post anything related to piracy in any way, shape or form here. That means you won't post requests for where to find warez, you won't post where to find it, you won't even imply it in your posts. Piracy costs billions every year, x10Hosting doesn't want to be involved in this.

2) Don't just copy and paste content from other websites...
Please don't post reviews of games or articles about games without a reason for doing so, it's pointless. If you want people to read the article then comment about it, please just post a link; don't quote it just to get credits, or I'll delete your thread / post.

3) Don't ask for support with your hosting account here...
Posting for help with a game is fine, but please refrain from asking for help with your website or hosting account. Instead, post in the Free Web Space forum for support with your hosting account, or Site Design & Development for help with web development, web design and third party scripts. Of course you're welcome to post for support with games and games consoles here. Also please avoid posting about modifiying consoles to allow them to play pirated copies of games; this violates the first rule.

4) Don't advertise websites that get you in-game money or similar...
Well I thought this was obvious, but fair enough. No posting adverts for your websites or other websites that allow you to purchase in-game money in here. I'll just delete the threads; it's not what this forum is for.

5) Use full English, not leet or text speak...
Please use full English when making or replying to a thread. Leet and text speak are harder to read than real English, not to mention the fact it's really annoying and puts most people off posting.

6) Don't swear...
Well I thought this would be pretty darn obvious, given the fact you're not permitted to swear anywhere on x10Hosting's forums, but it would seem that some users pay no attention to this rule. Let me make it clear that profanity isn't allowed in the forums at all, and will definitely not be tolerated in the Gamer's Lounge forum.

7) Search before you post...
If there's already a thread that discusses the topic you were going to create one on, please post in that thread instead. There's no point making people post the same thing twice because you wanted to be awkward. Although if the thread is from pre-historic times, you may as well make a new one...use your head.

8) No spamming...
Like rule number six, I thought this was a really obvious one because of the fact spam isn't allowed on any of the other forums. Double posts will be deleted, and spam will result in an immediate infraction. I'm not willing to make everyone scroll down loads past all the spam to get to the decent threads.

Please follow the above rules and we'll all get on fine; I'm trying to make this forum a nice place for everybody. Other staff please feel free to update this thread as and when you feel it's necessary, but no major updates please; these took a while to perfect and I don't want to have to do it all over again.

-Luke.

* Closed *

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.