GEForce Fx 5200?

chicago

Reaction score
Does the GeForce Fx 5200 work good want to know just bought one wanted to know what other people thought of it before i installed it.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I have this card in my computer and it works great. I have played games like doom3 farcry battlefield 1942 and soldier of fortune 2 all work great ...get the latest drivers for it though. and the overclocking feature is kinda neat to

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
It should haven`t tried that game yet on it ....and although its not the newest card on the market ...I think it holds its own ...(my personal opinion)

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Yep its a good card ...I like mine alot ...it has gotten some nasty reviews by some but there the ati lovers LOL ....just joking.

|Born2Shoot|

GFX-Designer
Reaction score
chicago said:
Does the GeForce Fx 5200 work good want to know just bought one wanted to know what other people thought of it before i installed it.
This card, does not succees the core, the core is just a little to weak to run games good, although it has the dx9 engine full in it, it isn't such a good card, fx 5700 is a little better thats the card that the 5200 should be, if i were you i go for the ati x800, FX 5200 is for those real high-end pc owners, that don't have money left for a good vid-card so fx 5200 is their solution, but on 512 ddr the fx5200 works slow, If you have a 1.2 gig ram and a fx5200 it isnt a problem that you bought this.

Conclusion of me:(my oppinion)If you have a high-end pc you and the geforce FX5200 could be big buddy's, but if you dont have it then it a how do you say, sucky card for game-ing it's more a desktop card :eek:nline2lo

MY OPPINION, if you don't like it, i don't care cuz i wont be replying upon it :eek:riginal:I am an ati fan, but if you gonna talk about the GT6600 then im in for NVIDIA :grin:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Mav3rick said:
doesnt overclocking burn ur disk.

I don`t understand what disk your talking about?? Overclocking these days is reletively safe, depending on what components you are going to overclock. But as for disks Overclocking does not touch disk preformance in any way. I have never heard of it doing this. Certainly it can burn out your cpu or your ram and grfx card, but I doubt it will touch your disk.

Video cards and computers for that matter these days come with software right from the manufacturer that lets you overclock certain components safely. It is when you have to get right on your cpu physically and start to screw around that worries me.

izmaelis

Reaction score
I think that it would be better for you to buy new generation of nVidia GeForce 6600 or 6800 video card. I have hear/read that 6600GT is awesome.
I have GeForce FX5600XT inside my desktop and I must say that it is full off crap. I'm ashamed of my self that I bought it before surfing the web and looking for what people say about this peace of sh#t.

NewFuture

Reaction score
we got two computers at home, and one i fitted with a Geforce FX5200 grfx card, pretty good graphics, plays latest games smoothly, but for game playing we all know you need a decent pc.

Conor

Reaction score
bigguy said:
Yep Radeon 9600 is a nice card. :)
I have one of those.

My friend uses the 5200 and I don't think it's that great. I don't see why he replaced his 9600 with it :blink:

Pim

Reaction score
A 5200 is not a gaming card, buy a radeon 9600 or 9800 =]
If you don't want to plat the newest games, the 5200 is good for you.