Gif with glow?

miprods

Reaction score
Like you maybe all know... Png transparency only work in Firefox 2 en iexplorer 7... So I need to "gif" everything -,- buttuhh.. I do like a glow arround it.. and thats hard to achief... anyone suggestions?
See http://miprods.x10hosting.com

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
You could incorporate the background in to the image? So it would look like transparency, but not actually be transparency... Then you'd be able to have the superior colour quality of the PNG image, and still have the look of transparent glow effects in all browsers.

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
You can use GIF transparency with Photoshop. About the glow, you can use the glow filter in Photoshop too ;).

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I thought GIF didn't support full alpha transparency, so is either transparent or not transparent?

medphoenix

Reaction score
Hi!
You could try "Real-DRAW PRO" to make such GIF glow image.
look at the pictures.
Description of saving a gif image was shown in the first picture.
second one is GIF image of that saved file.

you can choose the background option, if you are gonna place it on a black background,then choose black, as shown on the picture (indicated by small hand).

Last edited:

hatbocs

Reaction score
You didn't really explain how you were going to use the image.

If you're going to put the image in that flash at the top, you can still use a .png as flash supports the alpha channel in .png files.

If you're going to use it in the other part of the page, you can try using the transparency of a .gif in Photoshop, but .gif transparency isn't as nice as .png (expect it to look choppy). You could also try what sharky suggested.