Do you like my new website?

• This website design is average...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This website design is very good...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lair360

Reaction score
Hi there everyone! I am Lair360 and I've been working hard to construct my website from scratch! This project took me 1 week and 2 days to complete. I hope that you'll like it....

If you have any time, please comment about my website's layout, theme, template ect. Also, can you please comment on my website download time?
If it's slow, please tell me so that I can implement something and improve the speed of my web-page.

Any other critiques are welcome! ;)

lair360

Reaction score
Updates: There will be a "live clock" on my website. It will be integrated soon...

linglingzero

Reaction score
Your site looks nice. The layout is simple, and I think it's effective. But do you think that you have too many buttons on the side? It seems like you could do with a few less buttons for what you want on your site, I say this because a few of the buttons link to outside sites, and they are mixed up with the website's buttons. Could these perhaps be put into their own separate menu or on the right side with the ads?

On a side note, things seem to take a little extra time to load, kind of slow.

lair360

Reaction score
Your site looks nice. The layout is simple, and I think it's effective. But do you think that you have too many buttons on the side? It seems like you could do with a few less buttons for what you want on your site, I say this because a few of the buttons link to outside sites, and they are mixed up with the website's buttons. Could these perhaps be put into their own separate menu or on the right side with the ads?

On a side note, things seem to take a little extra time to load, kind of slow.

Thanks for your reply. But, could you please verify your connection speed please? Well...I use 84Mbps connections and it works pretty fast! I also test my website with a wireless G and wireless G+! they worked very well and it load my pages very well....

P.S. I've integrated a CSS cache system on my server. So, there will be less lag after the index upload.

Thank you very much for your support.

linglingzero

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. But, could you please verify your connection speed please? Well...I use 84Mbps connections and it works pretty fast! I also test my website with a wireless G and wireless G+! they worked very well and it load my pages very well....

P.S. I've integrated a CSS cache system on my server. So, there will be less lag after the index upload.

Thank you very much for your support.

Hey no problem. My connection isn't that fast, but it's not bad. Now that I tried it again it works great! I wish I could be of more help, but I think your site is rather good. :)

lair360

Reaction score
Hey no problem. My connection isn't that fast, but it's not bad. Now that I tried it again it works great! I wish I could be of more help, but I think your site is rather good. :)

Thank you very much for your help! Your testing (on my webpage) gave me a breakthrough with the CSS engine optimizing.

Thanks again.;)

freecrm

Reaction score
Good first impression although there are a few other things that can be improved.

I use IE6 on XP with a download spped of about 5.5MB

On IE6, the menu system on the left looks a bit strange with your sub-menus just appearing one on top of the other and with a slight left margin (3px?) which don't look so cool. In fact, the sub-menus eat into the page so it looks like your main content has no padding.

My main gripe was the width of your header image - Its slim and cries out to be the same width as your content.

I also agree with the above posts about the image links on the right - messy!

I applaud people who build from scratch - keep up the good work.

lair360

Reaction score
Good first impression although there are a few other things that can be improved.

I use IE6 on XP with a download spped of about 5.5MB

On IE6, the menu system on the left looks a bit strange with your sub-menus just appearing one on top of the other and with a slight left margin (3px?) which don't look so cool. In fact, the sub-menus eat into the page so it looks like your main content has no padding.

My main gripe was the width of your header image - Its slim and cries out to be the same width as your content.

I also agree with the above posts about the image links on the right - messy!

I applaud people who build from scratch - keep up the good work.

Thank you very much for your great assistance. However, I would like to tell you this...

1.] I only support Google Chrome, IE7, IE8, Opera and Firefox. My CSS files are written to support these browsers...:happysad: I am sorry to say this...

2.] I am trying to make my website as portable as possible. If I have the image too large, its going to cripple other users loading time...I would like to sacrifice my image size so that users could enjoy my website without lag or bad download speed. I knwo that I need a big header...but, it will eat up too much bandwidth!

Big image 2.2mb = long download time and alot of bandwidth consumed!

Lair360,

Last edited:

lair360

Reaction score
More latest updates.
---------------------------
1.] All images are compressed and cached for better performances.
2.] Globalnews Wordpress updated to version 7.2.1 with some minor security patches (modified by myself to stop spams and memory overflow).
3.] New articles - 110 post and counting
4.] Some minor repair to my advertise page.
5.] XML Sitemap updated (Google Only)
6.] Table are fixed for 1280px by 960 px.
7.] Globalnews is now compatible with PS3 browser!
8.] Minor code refurbishment...

More updates will come...