Gmail Hosted on our Subdomain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
For a sub-domain? No.
You would need to have an actual domain, I believe.
(like x10hosting.com ) ... but I guess if you can change the mx record for the sub-domain, I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed.

You are technically not hosting it on the sub-domain, just using the address for gmail e-mail service.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Actually, most of that isn't needed. I use WLCD ( Windows Live Custom Domains ) ... just update your MX record to what ever server it asks you to point it to - update it to make sure Google recognizes it ... should work.

I think, if you can update the MX record for the sub-domain, it should work.

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
It seems as if x10Hosting does not allow direct editing of subdomain (e.g., free hosting account) MX Record editing. By yes, I agree, other than that, I do not see why Google's service would not work. I just would have to be approved for the beta (another story entirely).

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I dunno about the sub-domain, never tried.
I know if you point a domain name, you can. *shrugs*

Maybe an admin can clarify.

cetutnx1

Reaction score
Hey, i tryed out, and it work, but i have some questions and i will like to know if can be answered...

Gmail tells me to do the next:

Change the MX records by priorty... but in cpanel i only have 1 MX record to chage... is this going to affect the mail in some way?

I've created a subdomain to point to google entry page as a redirect, is there any other better way to do it?

If any( or all) of this question are related to gmail service please let me know!!!!
Thaks in advance.
Gonzalo.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
cetutnx1 said:
Hey, i tryed out, and it work, but i have some questions and i will like to know if can be answered...

Gmail tells me to do the next:

Change the MX records by priorty... but in cpanel i only have 1 MX record to chage... is this going to affect the mail in some way?

I've created a subdomain to point to google entry page as a redirect, is there any other better way to do it?

If any( or all) of this question are related to gmail service please let me know!!!!
Thaks in advance.
Gonzalo.

1. No need to. It won't affect it any. :)
2. Sounds like a good way to do it. :) ... Unless someone else has an idea.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
You need to have control of your MX entries. And we cam't just change them for every member that wants them...

cetutnx1

Reaction score
OK, first sorry... i've read a little bit more in google page about changing the mx record, it doesn't mather if you can onlky chage one mx record(not by priority) i have it working now and it only take me 48hs!!!!(This is offcourse the time to google accepts my petition then in like 20mins i chaged every thing and it's working perfectly xD!!!)

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I got it to work too, just sign up with your sub-domain, then go into CPanel and under Mail Mangment Click Modify Mail Exchange
x10_1.jpg

Then click on change a MX Entry
x10_2.jpg

Then in the box enter
x10_3.jpg

"ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM".

Then after you get accepted and you wait, in the sidebar of the admin panel it should say
x10_4.jpg

Sorry about images, I can't use paint very well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.