• AOL

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

porky101

Reaction score
Gmail

I just love the capabilities of gmail and all the benefits.

manzoor

Reaction score
Gmail because its fast when loading, deleting mails have alots of space (2909 MB as of now and counting forever).

I used Yahoo Mail Beta version but takes time to load (slow connection but I'm fine with Gmail)

I don't use MSN any more.

Haven't used AOL.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I like the Gmail service better, keeps it simple and clean. But I started with hotmail and now have a windows live account, and then I got a yahoo account which is now Yahoo Beta and after that Gmail came up offering a lot of space. But Yahoo is now offering Unlimited. But overall Gmail is my personal one....

tinytinker

Reaction score
have had gmail since the beta, will never go back.

Sky also use gmail for thier email system and im with them for internet now so its win win:drool:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Gmail was the first place I got a email from. Main reason I like them is because of the free pop & smtp and that I can use them for my domain's mail.

admael

Reaction score
I had Gmail before POP and SMTP was available to the users, but one of the few things I do like about Gmail is it's clean, it's fast, lots of storage space, and no advertisements.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't this a repeat poll?

Partially.

The other poll was a non-voting poll between ONLY gMail and HotMail. This one doesn't even have hotmail as an option (that might be MSN though, not sure cause I'm not familiar with the two), BUT this one also drags Yahoo and AOL into the mix.

Personally, Gmail. I've had more spam through hotmail and yahoo than I ever have with gmail, and its not because of where I'm using the email. Before I even had a chance to put my email address anywhere, I was already getting 1-2 spams a day on both yahoo and hotmail. Maybe they've fixed that since I was last using them, but in any case the few spams I'm getting in gmail are heading straight to the spam folder where they belong :)

mitamata

Reaction score
Gmail all the way. The others are not even in its league :p

It's just so... clean. And it actually successfully filters spam - I haven't had any in my inbox for a looong time. And I couldn't live without its filters.

I must admit, I haven't even seen hotmail which I used before since... well, since gmail came out xD

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Yahoo mail just came out of Beta; I prefer dynamic as opposed to static. But I do like GMail's simplicity.

Arthiel

Reaction score
I favor Gmail over many others, though, I am more adapt with hotmail. Gmail is a 'new' thing though, and occasional changes are always nice. I find no real benefits with Gmail though, then again, I also find none with hotmail.​

BlackIrish

Reaction score
I have accounts on all of them, and it seems Gmail is pretty much the leader here.

The only complain I have for it, is some instability problems in my FireFox with it, it has a habit to freeze sometimes, and the other services never have such failures...

alfren

Reaction score
i have accounts in all of them except aol.... but for me the best mail provider is lycos....

Cyvus

Reaction score
Definitely Gmail. It's free, easy to setup, and you can even use outlook or outlook express to check it. In addition, the gmail notifier will check if you have new mail for you so you don't even have to check it yourself.

goody

Reaction score
I use yahoo for sign-up website and use g-mail for everyday use.G-mail is very fast.

naynesh

Reaction score
G-mail because you get 2000mb+ storage.Also because its quick.

G-mail service currently gfprovides over two gigabytes of free storage and paid storage of 6 GB up to 250 GB, shared over Picasa and Gmail. The increase from 1 GB was announced on April 1, 2005 and was made for the first anniversary of Gmail. The announcement was accompanied by a statement that Google would "keep giving people more space forever." All Google will say about this now is that it will keep increasing storage by the second as long as they have enough space on their servers. Gmail's storage increases by about 145 MB a year (equating to almost 0.4 MB per day). If the present growth rate continues unchanged, storage capacity will reach three gigabytes in 2008.

Gmail can also be used as an alternative hard drive. On August 9, 2007, some users of Gmail reported that their storage capacity had been increased to 9030 MB (8.8 GB). The 9030 MB of space is an over-all total of all the users' storage space(s) within a Google Account, including Picasa. This development seemed to occur about the same time that Google began allowing purchasable Picasa storage. In othkler words, Goohgle has shared storage space, supporting both pictures and email.
Also G-mail is associated with probably the most popular Search engine on earth!!

rackfenix

Reaction score
I prefer Gmail and hotmal xD... but Gmail give a lot of disk space :D..

Status
Not open for further replies.