Google Adsense Tips!

QuwenQ

Reaction score
The best piece of advice I can give you is the AdSense heatmap:

Click on the thumbnail, and you'll see the best places to put the ads. The darker the color, the better. Avoid white areas.

Slothie

Reaction score
If you're running a blog, inline ads are the best way to go for increased CTR.

Also remember to include the proper meta headers etc etc as that's where adsense pulls its context from ( as well as a proper slug / filename).

Swiblet

Reaction score
Don't let the ads intrude on the site's content, though, because if the ad is too distracting to the user, the user will just get sick of your site and not come entirely!

~~B3N

Afterburn

Reaction score
What I have found very effective is put text above your ad saying:

"Please Support Us"

Your most active members will notice and will click. I made $200 out of this in two weeks, not a big sum but just something.

Slothie

Reaction score
Of course, if the same members click over and over again, your site has a very high chance to get smart priced, or getting suspended for fraudulent clicks.

Adsense wasn't created so a few active members can be click happy and net you some $$

kajasweb

Reaction score
Don't place any text that encourage your visitors to click on your AdSense Ads. That is going to be bad, you may lose your AdSense Account.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Instead of the text saying "Please support us" ... maybe a text somewhere stating :

"We are supported mostly by advertisements and sponsors. We can't ask that you click these ads, but if some do interest you, please visit our sponsors and let them know you saw their ads from our site"

This way, visitors may click the ads if they are interested, the advertisers may get a few visitors and you get advertised if the visitors do stop and say they heard / saw the site through yours.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I don't think you can place any messages such as Click on the ads etc etc. This will be against the TOS of the Adsense.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What I have found very effective is put text above your ad saying:

"Please Support Us"

Your most active members will notice and will click. I made $200 out of this in two weeks, not a big sum but just something.

You are breaking googles TOS. If they find out you are in real trouble. They check every page every month or so.

In 2 months I have earned 2 $ :(

Last edited:

divinemscharity

Reaction score
Make sure you NEVER click on your own ads, not even ONCE. I've had a couple of people tell me they lost their AdSense accounts over a single click that came from their IP address.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I actually accidentaly clicked my ads twice because my old moses button was stuck right over the ad. They didn't count it. But they have no way finding out if I click on my ads from a library.

Max1337

Reaction score
lol i used some proxies for mine so they wont know its me.. and done alittle bit of clicking :p lol i made quite a bit of money too ~.^

jacksing

Reaction score
remeber they dont just do it on your ip address - they use lots of ways...

one is the click through rate, if you have a ctr higher than 10% or something they will investigate more. And you dont want that - google has a reputation for banning people quite liberally. Which is good, because publishers pay more for their clicks.

mcare

Reaction score
Hey! for adsense, will it affect, like there are 2 websites different domains but I hosted both of them on single server, and both the domains are registered with Adsense with two different accounts having different Payee Name?. Is it OK? or voilating any Adsense rule?