Google sites, Godaddy and x10hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfuly

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi,

I have somewhat a weird situation.
1) I created my site using Google Sites.
2) Purchased a domain from Godaddy
3) Used the "Forward" option in Godaddy to forward my Google Sites site to my Godaddy domain name
4) Have a x10hosting domain that is not being used at this point

My issue is that the Godaddy "forward" function does not change the site address in the address bar of the browser when I go to a different page on my Google sites site (it only keeps the name on the index page).

I want to know if by adding the Godaddy domain as an Add-on in x10hosting I will be able to continue using Google sites or do I have do design a brand new site?:confused:

It sounds confusing, so if you need more info let me know.

Thanks,
Renato

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Very confusing. Why so you need x10hosting for this? :/

~Callum

mattblog

Reaction score
Why don't you use name server ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com on Godaddy and host your files on x10hosting?

rfuly

Prime Account
Reaction score
Anything else I have to do? I changed the name servers and I am not being able to connect. Do I have to add the domain name as an add-on in cPanel?

Thanks,
Renato

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, you will need to also set it up in cPanel. You will then have to wait up to 48 hours for the DNS changes to propagate globally.

Last edited:

rfuly

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. However, do I set it up as an "add-on" domain, or as my main domain?

Renatp

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Depends how you want to use it. If you want your old domain to function still be setup, then set it up as an addon.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
To use with your current main domain, just put it in parked domains instead.

rfuly

Prime Account
Reaction score
Ok. I parked my Godaddy domain (arteinsight.com) in x10hosting. Changed nameservers in Godaddy to the x10hosting ones. However, when I try to type my site address without the x10hosting subdomain (www.arteinsight.com) in the address bar it doesn't work, and it keeps displaying the Godaddy page.

Now, if I use the site.x10hosting.com URL (arteinsight.x10hosting.com) it works.

What did I do wrong?:frown:

Thanks,
Renato

zapzack

Reaction score
Ok. I parked my Godaddy domain (arteinsight.com) in x10hosting. Changed nameservers in Godaddy to the x10hosting ones. However, when I try to type my site address without the x10hosting subdomain (www.arteinsight.com) in the address bar it doesn't work, and it keeps displaying the Godaddy page.

Now, if I use the site.x10hosting.com URL (arteinsight.x10hosting.com) it works.

What did I do wrong?:frown:

Thanks,
Renato

DNS takes 24-48 hours to fully propagate. So by tomorrow you shouldn't have an issue visiting your website.

rfuly

Prime Account
Reaction score
The site is www.arteinsight.com. Everyone that is trying to access the site is having this issue. I can access it from one of my computers, but not from the others.

Thanks,
Renato

Status
Not open for further replies.