Google stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrVonKatze

Reaction score
Two questions:

1) It's been said in the FAQ: "You may put up your own ads as long as they are not larger than x10's."
What does this exactly mean? I have an "Advanced" account, and x10's ad is a text line. Does this mean a thing such as Google's Adsense would be considered "bigger" and thus would be forbidden?

2) I've been reading about Google's Sitemaps program, and I'm interested in entering it; but I need to know whether or not I can run the command sequence for the Sitemaps Generator and how to do it, which I understand x10 should tell me, so there.

Thanks in advance.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
1.) You cannot run google ad sense on your site unless Corey and/or Auvee say that this is ok.

2.) I run google site maps on my site and its not hard to set up. Follow the instructions google gives you.

DrVonKatze

Reaction score
bigguy said:
1.) You cannot run google ad sense on your site unless Corey and/or Auvee say that this is ok.

2.) I run google site maps on my site and its not hard to set up. Follow the instructions google gives you.

First of all, thanks for answering. I'm gonna contact Corey on (1).

Now, regarding Sitemaps, I got to point "4" in the instructions, where I should run the command sequence of the Sitemap Generator (sitemap_gen.py).
The text says I can usually "access a Unix-based server using SSH", and I don't know what the hell they're talking about. I figure it shouldn't be anything that complicated, only they're not being too clear to explain it.
Basically, I guess my question would be "what is SSH?".

Thanks again.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Google defines it as:

Secure Shell'. Secure Shell is a program designed to perform a number of functions, such as file transfer between computers, execution of commands on a remote computer, or logging on to a computer over a network. It is intended to be able to do these tasks with greater security than previous programs such as telnet or ftp.

Status
Not open for further replies.