Great Success! page displayed when going to my site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyl

Reaction score
Hi there, just started an account up here yesterday. My domain is ledlux.co.cc. Before i get to my real question, I'm new to the use of domains that aren't supplied by the web host, so i'm not 100% sure if that portion is set up correctly. I used option 1 and entered ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com for servers. When i try to go to ledlux.co.cc i get directed to co.cc where it tells me to set up my domain. Does that sound like my setup was right and I'm just waiting for the changes to take effect?

Anyway, my main question is, I've uploaded my files to the ftp server, and i've got them under www and public_html. I have an index.html, but when i try to visit my site via IP address, i just get the Great Success! page. Am I missing something simple that's causing my index.html to not be displayed?

Since my domain is still directing me to co.cc I went to my site via IP 69.162.70.130. I flushed my DNS and that seemed to make no difference. Hopefully someone's got an idea for me.

Thanks guys,
Lloyd

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
We are getting the ledlux home page

data business cards etc...

So this working fine

try to clear your cache and try again. And also try in another browsers.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Your website is showing up for me. Maybe give it a little bit more time for the dns to propagate for you.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Using just the IP address gets you to the front door of a big apartment house complex. It does not tell the doorman which apartment you want to visit.
The IP address of your site is shared by 100's of other users on that server.

jimmyl

Reaction score
Oh ok good. At least I know the problem is on my end.

Thanks guys, I'll try those things and see what i can get out of it.

Joshua203

Reaction score
but when i try to visit my site via IP address, i just get the Great Success! page. Am I missing something simple that's causing my index.html to not be displayed?

keep in mind that you re on a shared IP adress and that many sites are on that same adress, Lotus server if i m not mistaking ;)

Last edited:

jimmyl

Reaction score
Oh yeah ok, that makes sense. How does one access the site without the domain being setup? What identifies my particular site?

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
To be honest, there isn't really a way to do this ^ on free. Your domain name is the only item that differs you from any other site on the server.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh yeah ok, that makes sense. How does one access the site without the domain being setup? What identifies my particular site?

Your co.cc domain is resolving correctly here as it's pointing to the Lotus server. However, to answer this post if you ever need to access your website but none of your domains are working due to DNS crapping out, you can try one of these two links.

http://lotus.x10hosting.com/~ledlux/
http://69.162.70.131/~ledlux/

The address can be either the Server IP address, or the server's DNS address itself, and to access a website, you simply put a /~ and then enter in the cPanel name as I did above. The same goes for if you need HTTPS access to your website (which is the only way to do it, as it's Shared SSL).

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Smith's links will get you to your site, but the page may not display "properly" and the links may be inoperable, depending on how you referenced stylesheets, javascript files, images, and internal links.
Relative paths should display ok while absolute paths should be inoperable.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Smith's links will get you to your site, but the page may not display "properly" and the links may be inoperable, depending on how you referenced stylesheets, javascript files, images, and internal links.
Relative paths should display ok while absolute paths should be inoperable.

This is why you always use relative paths for static content :D

Status
Not open for further replies.