grr... Blocked by Bess

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeZ.06.925

Reaction score
So I attempted to view my site (parked domain: fez.uni.cc, hosting domain: zabanal.x10hosting.com) at my school and I find that it is blocked by Bess. It wasn't blocked before until I last checked it today. I know I DON'T have any inappropriate stuff on my site, its a personal site, with pictures and shout outs, etc. My friend attempted to view his site, and you can view his (vondruska.uni.cc, he's not an x10 member though). Our sites are pretty much the same with the same purpose except he goes php and I go html, and his has been up longer.

I'm just kinda P.O.ed that my site is blocked and I'm wondering if there is any way that I can unblock it. If there's no other way, I'm good with it, I just don't like it being blocked. Any ideas?

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
I've had school filtering programs block my websites one day, then allow them the next. As for a specific reason why it's not allowed, I couldn't tell you. But it may just be the fact that the filters don't know what kind of site it is, so they block it.

Matt

Reaction score
one thing to try is getting labled by the icra. http://icra.org

get it labled with exacctly what is on your site, place the givin code in between the <head> and </head> tags in every page of your site, and you should be fine.

the label tells programs like Bess wether or not to allow a site. if it is not listed as allowed or blocked and has even a few of the blocked "keywords" it will automatically block your site.

Status
Not open for further replies.