HEEEELP please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
does anyone know what I would type in for the server port and script path to my forum on this server. ????? PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW :mad: :confused: :eek:mg_smile :eek:

ok this is what I did I had one old forum running and backed up(5 members). My new forum (here) just built. I wanted to take the database from the old one and put it on the new one. So I did I had a soft blue style on the old and a different one on this one, I had to install sofblue on the new one to get the backup and restore to work. Well it does to a point I have all my posts and all my users (all 5) and I can get onto the site to do anything. But I can`t log on what do I do. Help.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
What forum software are you running?

Richard

Reaction score
phpbb

Did you change the cookie settings in the ACP on your old board?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I didn`t change anything on the old board, It is still running and so is the new board ...I am running phpbb 2.0.13 You can see the board you just can`t log in now ...I don`t kow what to do
I have the toolkit installed if that helps I just don`t no how to use it

What should my settings be for cookies on a phpbb 2.0.13 forum on this host with x10 advanced package

bigguy said:
What should my settings be for cookies on a phpbb 2.0.13 forum on this host with x10 advanced package

I realize ppl are busy with there own sites I understand that ...I just need to know what my settings would be in the ACP for this host on a phpbb 2.0.13 forum software....ok I just did a restore of my new site. (I backed it up before I used the backup from the old board) Now I just need to know how to get all my users over here with out losing my board again

Jim

Reaction score
Somewhere in the mysql database, in the settings table, theres a setting where it says something like the forum base url. Just change that to the new url. After logging in, phpbb always redirects to the base url from the settings.

Richard

Reaction score
I just wanted to know because some times incorrect cookie settings provent you from logging on.

Also there is a setting in the database that holds the domain of the board if that is not set to the new domain you can't login

run this sql file in your phpbb folder

Please note that was made for bigguy's server ONLY
just rename it to sql.php ti should fix the settings

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
ok so is this what you want me to do :

Run the backup from the old board on the new board .....then go into my subdomain manager ...upload that file you gave me rename it and run it ....right
this is going to fix it all .....

Richard

Reaction score
just upload it to your phpbb dir on your server
create a backup of the DB
run the sql file
try login, if you can delete the sql.php file

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Well I haven`t tried all of it out yet but I logged in and out successfully and I have a user online to in the new forum. Buddy .....you are the man :teeth_smi :cool: awesome help so far. Going to go check things out and I`ll post back later. and again thank you ....You did what 2 other help forums couldn`t :cool: I`ll post back in a bit with results

were you telling me to delete that file you gave me

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
ok I have moved pretty much everything over now just a couple more things to do. You told me to delete that file you gave me right ...the one I uploaded ? I`ll wait for your response before I do. Well I`ve said it once and I`ll say it again ....you da man Seeker_952. I have installed mods on it now and the log in and logout is working. The style looks good. and the logo has been changed.

Ok so do I delete that file ????

Richard

Reaction score
Yep you just need to delete that file, glad I could be of service :smile:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
here is a link to my site http://www.wworld.x10hosting.com/phpbb/index.php can someone tell me why it says : Free Hosting by x10hosting.com (the x10hosting part is a link) under my banner I tried to get rid of it but I cant I also took this out of my overall header when I was putting the banner up

Corey
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Corey
Send email to Corey
Visit Corey's homepage!
Find More Posts by Corey
Add Corey to Your Buddy List

what is this all about ????
is it supposed to be there

EDIT oh I see at the top of my page the name Corey by the word administrator ok so I take it this stuff is supposed to be in here ....ok sorry bout that .......um how do I get it back in

I found out what I did wrong. When I was copying and pasting the code in my overall header I must have copied a bit to much LOL my fault ....sorry got it working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.