Help for Drupal Multi-Site setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh.bhambry

Reaction score
Hi ,

I am trying to host 3 drupal sites configured on my system on the www.x10hosting .com serve without much success. I am getting a message which says that the "Site is Offline". To see the message please check the url: http:// saurabh.x10hosting.com

I am using Drupal 6.9 version. Any help on this would be deeply appreciated.

Also is it possible that I am seeing this error because I had forgotten to turn off clean urls b4 uploading the drupal files?

Please let me knw of the corrective steps.

Thanks for reading this thru.

Reaction score
Have you created a database, a database user and password for the user and put them in the settings file?

If the above doesn't fix the problem then I can only guess that it's because of your PHP level.
It appears you've only got level 1 for php. At the moment all accounts are currently using a default PHP config while the PHP upgrade system is finished by the staff behind the scenes.

So if you need, or had phpv2, it'll have to wait until after the upgrades are done unfortunately.

You can ask the official support BUT, you may not get a quick answer at this moment in time simply because they have LOTS of tickets to get through because of the recent server problems.

saurabh.bhambry

Reaction score
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply. To answer your question.. Well yes I had created the required databases with the users permissions etc.
That apart I really don't understand by what u mean when u talk of PHP level. I guess I am missing something here... All I do know is that the server shows PHP version 5.2.8 is supported and I am using the same.

I think this problem is specific to multi-site installation in Drupal and not generic in nature ... I found that I need to upload a specific php file with certain "sysmlink" code for multi-site ...that might just solve the problem . (mentioned this so that it might be useful for som 1 els too .. )

Nd just one last thing I had some trubl while extracting the compressed files on using Cpanel. It skipped most of the files. Eventually I had to upload the files individually... Any suggestions?. I had used WinZip to zip the files.

Thanks again... Martin.

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't know too much technical information about the php levels. But I'll try to explain.

Before there was three levels of PHP - Basic, Intermediate and Advanced. New accounts were set up automatically with just the basic version. This didn't really allow any php functions to work, intermediate allowed some functions to work and advanced, well as you can probably guess, allowed a lot more freedom.
Now, whilst things get fixed up there's one level for all, I believe this would equate to Intermediate however I can't be sure on this.

Have you added that file in yet? To try to get it working?

I'm not sure on your last question either.

saurabh.bhambry

Reaction score
Thanks for helping me understand the PHP levels martin. No I still need to upload the php file to the server. Would do it shortly. Nd the last question.. well...
I had zipped the PHP files using WinZip and uploaded them using FTP . However when I tried to extract them on the server. The extract utility skipped quite a few files while unzipping them . Know some wrk around to this.

Thanks for helping out...

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you zip the files as a .zip, or something like .rar?

I've uploaded many .zip, tar.gz, tar.bz2, etc and had no problems. You can try using a different software to zip the files. I use peazip. It's free and it has many many more featuers than winzip.

I don't know much about drupal, but I hope this helps a little.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Use your FTP and extract the downloaded file onto your desktop then drag all the files into the public_html folder.

saurabh.bhambry

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all your help... I figured it out... The problem was with my zip utility . Used 7-zip to zip the files ...then on the server used the Cpanel to extract the files. Worked perfect.

But I am still stuck with hosting.... facing the same Site - Offline error :-( Hope to find some work arnd soon... Actually now going in fr a fresh install with Fantastico instead of migrating it from the localhost... Still getting an error which says that I need to remove the .htaccess file even though I have removed all the files from the public_html folder....

Status
Not open for further replies.