[Help Needed + Idea] Pre-Sales Question

Hauzer

Reaction score
Hey guys/girls,

It's been a while. I used to use x10hosting back in the days when I needed free hosting, since then, I've only gone premium. But, I'd like to purchase premium hosting from x10hosting too (x10 premium didn't exist then). I have a few "Pre-Sales Questions" before ordering, and I was hoping to contact x10 via ticket (but required me to place an order first); I then turned to the community, but noticed there is no "Pre-Sales Questions" forum. Now, here I am creating this thread.

I'm sure a forum regarding this existed before, unless that was at another community. I'm wondering, what happened to it? It would have helped me. Perhaps this could be reimplemented?

Anyhow, where would I go about asking questions regarding the x10Premium hosting's Infinity (not the Infinity+) offering? If the question can be answered here, then my question is as follows:

I've noted that a dedicated IP and SSL is provided for certain packages, if I pay 2 or 3 years in advance. But let's say I pay monthly, how much would it cost me for a dedicated IP and SSL? Also, if I have an active SSL on my x10Premium account, and then decide to host more web sites via addon domains, would those additional web sites be affected by the SSL (i.e. will they be SSL protected too)? Or will the SSL have no affect on addon domains?

Sorry for the bother, and thank you very much! :D

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
I can't answer for anything else, but:
1) The SSL certificate will only secure a single domain/subdomain (if you have it secure the domain itself, it'll work for both that and the www subdomain, e.g. example.com and www.example.com, but NOT subdomain.example.com)
2) cPanel requires that you have one dedicated IP per domain you wish to secure with SSL, so if you want to secure additional domains you will need to purchase additional IP addresses
3) You can use this contact form to get the rest of your questions answered