Help needed

sopletix

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been trying to figure out how to create a light ray effect, similar to the one on this picture (the blue bars coming from behind). Since I'm not a native english speaker, I don't even know what the name for this effect is... could anyone please give me a hand on this one? maybe supplying a link to a tutorial or something... I appreciate it, thanks

Crest_by_INKdustrial.jpg

sopletix

Reaction score
I've been working with Corel for a few years already and just started recently working with PS.

The only thing that I could thought of was working with the star tool in Corel but didn't work.

Emihaumut

Reaction score
I think what you're referring to is the gradient--where the colors change from one to another. What they did here with the blue bars in the back, was gradient from a white/light blue to a dark blue using the radial gradient (the one where it makes a dot.

I'm pretty sure there's a gradient tool on most drawing programs. I know there's one in photoshop (it's right behind the paint bucket).

Here's a tutorial for photoshop: http://photoshop-school.deviantart.com/art/Creating-a-Gradient-66812142

Last edited: