Help: stylesheet not updating

cashguy

Reaction score
I am having an issue with a Drupal site I am managing. I edited the stylesheet of a single module (the tagadelic module to be specific). However, no matter what I try, the changes don't show up on my website. I believe this has got to do something with caching. I have disable caching in my Drupal script.

Do I need to do something specific to make sure my files are not cached on the x10hosting.com server? Did anyone else have a similar situation with any cms script you have used on x10hosting?

Appreciate your time.

Last edited:

Veivei

Reaction score
I've been on the same situation but it's on my Joomla installation, it's all back to normal after changing the files & folders permissions/CHMOD to 755.
I think you better take a look at the CHMOD first, there's a posibility that your file permission doesn't allow anyone to view the stylesheet.

cashguy

Reaction score
Thanks, my permissions are all 644. Let me try 755.
Edit:
That didn't work. Anyway, css files should always be 644, and not executable. Any other thoughts?

Last edited:

cashguy

Reaction score
The problem was with the fact that the stylesheet was being imported using the
Code:
<style type="text/css" media="all">@import "/style.css";</style>

I found in one of the Firefox forums that hitting the Ctrl+F5 button refreshes all your imported stylesheets, as well. Thanks!