HELP!! Trying to make something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calypsis

Reaction score
Ok im totally friggin lost here. I downloaded a pre-made PHP-nuke site and im trying to host it here and i have absolutly no idea what i need to do to make this pile of files i have a site on x10. So if someone knows a good guide for a total noob like me please feel free to assist.

sa_jinx

Reaction score
ur gonna need a ftp client because form my experience the file manger here doesnt let u upload whole folder.create a directory (folder) and upload all the files to that folder. assuming your cms has an installer u wont need to edit the php files to get it up and "running". to connect via ftp ur going to need to create a ftp acct in the cPanel. if ur by chance using the firefox browser they have a plugin called fireftp. it works great for me. hope this helped a little

athiwatc

Reaction score
FYI sa_jinx
Just zip upload then extract all this can be done in file manager and much faster than ftp

sa_jinx

Reaction score
FYI sa_jinx
Just zip upload then extract all this can be done in file manager and much faster than ftp

it for whatever reason wouldnt allow me to unzip the file. i thought that maybe the server required it to be a different file type to unzip (.tar.gz) and just used my ftp. if its a feature available to everyone else i may have support look into it one of these days.

athiwatc

Reaction score
it for whatever reason wouldnt allow me to unzip the file. i thought that maybe the server required it to be a different file type to unzip (.tar.gz) and just used my ftp. if its a feature available to everyone else i may have support look into it one of these days.

It just need a normal zip file NOT RAR. Just guessing
Other than that you should seek for support

Status
Not open for further replies.