Help! Windows Installer / Services

clareto

Reaction score
Trying to install Sony Media Manager 2.0 (Bundled with Sony Vegas Video 6.0) I'm getting this error:

Service 'SQLAgent$SONY_MEDIAMGR' (SQLAgent$SONY_MEDIAMGR) Could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

I've tried everything, even clearing the event logs, but i'm still getting the err.

Does anybody knows how to "have sufficient privileges to install system services"????

HELP!!!

Thanks!

Colin

Reaction score
what build of vegas are you trying to install 6.0c?? and do you have a system admin/more than one account on the comp. If there is more then one account on the comp install it from the original account (first one made). This is what I had to do. Also is it a legal copy ??

clareto

Reaction score
Vegas 6.0a (Build 99). There's only one user, I've tried to install it with the administrator account and the user account (member of administrators) and got the same message.

A legal copy?, I'll ask it to my boss!

A couple of days ago, I was working ok with vegas, but today I got an error while loading the program (It said something about the media manager, but i'm not sure about the exact text). I thought that uninstalling and installing again would work, but now I get this error

Last edited:

Colin

Reaction score
was the message "Sony media manager could not be loaded" or something like that?? I get this sometimes when I open vegas and it tries to open the last edited file.
As for why it won't install I really don't have a clue, if its a single user there shouldn't be a problem with priviliges. On second thought do you have restrictions set on your computer for files that you can view (Like not allowing access to system files?) I remember this was a problem for me with vegas originally.

clareto

Reaction score
Yes, the message said something like that, and that the media library feature would not be loaded. And, no! there's no restrictions. I've tried with the "administrators" account and get the same error. The only reason i can give to this is that the daemon assigned to my copy of windows is doing his work today!...

Colin

Reaction score
do you still have it installed on your comp? I had this problem with the media manager could not be loaded, all I had to do was refresh all media and files and it would load. If that didn't work I closed all recent files make sure it won't open last edited files when opened, restart my comp and volia it works.

clareto

Reaction score
I've uninstalled and removed Vegas and the Media manager, and reinstalling solves nothing. When restarting the pc, a msgbox appears telling me that I've not privileges to use the MSSQL Desktop Service, and right now a msgbox have appeared saying "Unable to adjust the security on service MSSQL$SONY_MEDIAMGR". mmmm I've not touched anything related with vegas today...

Colin

Reaction score
you said this is for work right? I've run out of ideas right now so you may want to get in touch with the companie's IT guy. I'm looking into it though and if I find anything I let you know.