Help with Forum set up

TWsTheSite

Reaction score
Well, I need some help with forum setup...Actually a lot of help...I have no idea how to do it..I use Microsoft Frontpage 2003 for website designing (its like a hobby of mine and well, I am worse than Amateur:happysad:!!)

My plan is to integrate a forum into my website...well, my plan is, suppose I have a site with many pages on sports and computer news.....Can I integrate a forum into with the existing domain or do I have to request a sub domain...

To the forum Mods...Im sorry, don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this....Please give me some time till I can really know how to set up the forum...Coz as I said, I have harly any knowledge of HTML and I think I would rather need a set by step help from some one..

THANX

LHVWB

Reaction score
You should be able to easily integrate your website into a forum software package, however the difficulty depends on a few factors, such as how you want your site to integrate with the forums.

The easiest solution would be to install a forum using 'fantasico' (in cpanel) into a directory on your website, ie www.domain.com/forums, you could even easily make it forums.domain.com if you wanted to. You would then put a link from your website to the forums and a link from the forums to your main website.

That is the easiest solution but sometimes not the best if you want the website to have the same template all the way through, but for you I would probably suggest that method because it will mean that you can muck around with the actual forum settings for a while before you try any harder integration methods.

FFmaster

Reaction score
do you mean you want it so that the forums look like you website ??

and also what forums software are you using eg. smf ,phpbb .....

TWsTheSite

Reaction score
do you mean you want it so that the forums look like you website ??

and also what forums software are you using eg. smf ,phpbb .....

sorry, m8, none atm....I am new in web designing and trying to pick up everything I can...well, I want to integrate the forum into the site so that I can use my sites template (custom one)....

I know, Im not being helpful at all (very much ignorant in this subject)...sorry...:dunno:

TWsTheSite

Reaction score
sorry, m8, none atm....I am new in web designing and trying to pick up everything I can...well, I want to integrate the forum into the site so that I can use my sites template (custom one)....

I know, Im not being helpful at all (very much ignorant in this subject)...sorry...:dunno:

well, ne 1 with ne help on how to integrate the forum with my sites' template that I made????

slash1993

Reaction score
Well, it depends is your normal site using sql?

If so, you'll have too intergrate the users/members of the forum to it.

So registration on site makes it so your forum also works...

Understand me?