Help with zone records for co.cc domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

fudez

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a domain fudez.co.cc, which I have earlier configured it for Google apps. Now lately I decided to setup a website for myself. So currently to test the waters I have taken free hosting which I eventually plan to convert to paid.

So I setup an account and site on x10hosting i.e. fudez.x10hosting.com, and I added my domain as a parked domain. And in the zone records for the domain I configured, the NS records for www.fudez.co.cc to point to x10hosting. The records show like

www.fudez.co.cc NS ns1.x10hosting.com
www.fudez.co.cc NS ns2.x10hosting.com

But unfortunately, the records are not getting redirected correctly, and I am getting an dns server error.

Since I have setup google apps I am not able to redirect the entire domian to x10hosting.com.

Can someone please help me resolve this issue, so that I can have fudez.co.cc and www.fudez.co.cc NS records point to the website on x10hosting.

Regards

Kartik

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
You need to either set the domain as your main domain via the account panel or add it as a parked or addon domain in cPanel
Parked = Same site as your current site
Addon = Domain gets its own folder.

Last edited:

fudez

Reaction score
Hi,

I have added the site as a addon domain, but I am still not able to access the site. I am attaching the image of the control panel indicating that the addon domain has been setup.

I also did a lookup on www.fudez.co.cc, and here are the results.
------------------; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> @localhost www.fudez.co.cc ANY
; (2 servers found)
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 64045
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 3, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.fudez.co.cc. IN ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.fudez.co.cc. 14400 IN CNAME fudez.co.cc.
www.fudez.co.cc. 86378 IN NS ns2.x10hosting.com.
www.fudez.co.cc. 86378 IN NS ns1.x10hosting.com.

;; Query time: 216 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Fri Apr 25 01:37:22 2008
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 97
---------------------------
I also checked my zone records, but it does not show the CNAME entry in my setting in my co.cc. I feel that it is because of this entry that I am facing that issue.

When I tried to configure the domain as www.fudez.co.cc in the control panel, so I feel that the CNAME entry is being added when I add the addon domain. Can you please let me know how can I resolve it.

Regards

Kartik

Attachments

• Addon Domain.JPG
    Addon Domain.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 84

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Moved to level two support
I believe this is something a admin has to fix.

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
This is strange... Make sure you have your domain pointed to x10hosting nameservers, and you don't have any other entry in the AdminCP of your domain registrar.

Do you want me to set: fudez.co.cc as your primary domain instead of fudez.x10hosting.com?

fudez

Reaction score
Hi,

I do not want to change the primary domain to www.fudez.co.cc. Unfortunately I cannot delete all entries in in the AdminCP of my domain registrar since I have already configured Google Apps with the domain. Hence I need to configure only www.fudez.co.cc

Regards

Kartik

fudez

Reaction score
Thanks for the details. I am not able to access the site. But unfortunately when I access http://fudez.co.cc it show up a cPanel page.

I have uploaded an index.htm and an index.php file, but unfortunately it gives me a 404 error, while if I use subdomain http://fudez.fudez.x10hosting.com associated to the domain the index.htm page is displayed.

Can you let me know what error am I doing.

Regards

Kartik
Edit:
Hi,
I read an earlier post regaring the rebuild of the httd.conf file. So I deleted the domain, and tried to add it again, but now it is giving me an error

Error from park wrapper: fudez.co.cc is owned by another user

I feel the issue why my page is not showing up maybe due to this. Can you kindly delete the entry for fudez.co.cc, so that I can add the domain as a parked/add-on domain.

Regards

Kartik

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
The A records should be pointing to: 74.86.240.236. If you don't have it pointing to this IP, please fix it.

Try to add: fudez.co.cc as Parked or Addon domain now.

fudez

Reaction score
Hi,

I have updated the ip address and it is now pointing to the mentioned IP address. But when I go and clikc on addon domain, it is giving me an error
Error from park wrapper: fudez.co.cc is owned by another user, due to which I am not able to add the addon domain.
Please see the attached screenshot. I have deleted the domain since I had it as a parked domain. Now when I try to add it back as a addon domain it is giving the above error.
Also attaching the landing page for the site fudez.co.cc

Can you please reset the fudez.co.cc entries from the configuration files so that I can add the domain again.

Thanks and Regards

Kartik

Attachments

• Addon Domain Error.JPG
    Addon Domain Error.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Landing Page.JPG
    Landing Page.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 39

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
I was able to add fudez.co.cc as an "Addon Domain" for your account and the domain is now working: http://fudez.co.cc/
Please check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.