Hey

zilution

Reaction score
Just started here yesterday.

CSS

http://zilution.exofire.net/

There is no content, all I am asking for feedback on is the navbar workings and layout.

Ignore the colour scheme, font and content, that will be added when appropriate. Right now I am focusing on coding a decent navbar in CSS (with a couple of lines of JS to get it nice in IE.)

Please tell me what you think, just of the navbar, any tips or critique is welcome.

-Zilution

sunils

Reaction score
Very basic design i think. About the nav, did you use the menu bar script from dreamweaver, it looks though.

zilution

Reaction score
No, I don't use dreamweaver. I just did it with my vague CSS knowledge in Notepad++

Sohail

Reaction score
There's not much content and the site design doesn't look that good too :(. I don't understand why there's a pic of the week in the music menu? :p

zilution

Reaction score
Like I said, ignore the content. All that is to come, I just wanna get the main stylesheet(navbar) operable, then I will add the links :)
Edit:
Oh and "pick of the week" doesn't refer to a "pic" as in picture :s

pick as in, a selection, as in, a selected artist for that week.

really, read a little more carefully :p

Last edited:

medphoenix

Reaction score
Black,Grey,Orange color combination is good, but
1) instead of plain white menu hover effects you can use some shade/glow/shadow effects with other color.
2)Menu width is big and the last menu about extend into outside of the box.
3) Menu font may be changed.
4) my advice, always make a separate style sheet document , don't include it in the main HTML file.

zilution

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback :) I might try a glow with the hover. Still undecided on the colour scheme.

The last menu box overlapping I kinda liked :$

It is gonna be a seperate style sheet, it's just there for viewing purposes.

Thanks for your input!

Daniel S

Reaction score
The nav bar look good but i think the site need more colour other than dark colours.

O would give it 5/10 at this stage.

Dreampainter

Reaction score
There's not much content and the site design doesn't look that good too :(. I don't understand why there's a pic of the week in the music menu? :p

Um, it says **PICK** of the week...not PIC of the week...meaning pick tune of the week, i would assume??? as in *choice*....

nabil

Reaction score
Hello,
Site very simple and cool. But try making your website standard Xhtml , so as to be accessible by all browsers the same interface, design and coding :p

~NaBz