Hiring PHP Coder, and Template Designer($$)

Arucard98

Reaction score
Project

I want to make a gaming news website, that has articles about the latest releases, a review system etc.

[Fast Forwadring a little to get your attention]
Contact
Anyone interested, email me at Arucard98@cox.net, or contact me on msn at DarkCel@Hotmail.com

Payment
Payment will be whatever I can afford (ATM is 40$, I get paid again in a couple weeks and I'll have more money to devote to this, and the AdSense checks i receive will be split up throughout our team.

Needs
A professional template designer(Previous works are required as example) to make:

A simple clean web template, something like:

www.Shoutwire.com
-or-
www.Torrentspy.com

Just something simple, and stretchable, and pre-coded in HTML and CSS

A PHP Coder to develop:
A script for submitting, and displaying news.
It would need categories for news, so that they can be organized properly.
It would need to read from a CSS file so that the news matches the site.
It would need to have flood protection.
It would need to be able to have HTML pasted into it, and be able to recognize the HTML, and display it properly AS html.
It would need to have 4 different levels of submission, Admin, Journalist, User, Guest
Each category would get different priveleges, such as being able to post in a category like Site News, for admins. Also, Guests should NOT be able to post HTML code.
It would need a "directory" so that people could browse the news categories and find news they might be interested in.
It needs to have a way for people to comment.
And the last thing I can think of, is it needs to have an admin panel, where admins could change/edit/remove accounts of users, so that they could be recognized as admins/journalists.
It also needs to have a rating the article system, so that people can give it "x" ammount of stars, up to 10 stars.
User Registration -

Users should be required to register before they can post comments on any news, or try to post news, and should be redirected to the registration page saying "You can't comment/add news because you're not registered!"

The required info for registrations should be:
Username
Password
Password Again
Email Address
Signature

We need to use something like BBcode to display signatures and signatues should limited to 1000 characters.

It should check to make sure that the passwords are correct, and if it's possible, check to see if the email is valid.
It shouldn't not require activation through email, however, it should email the user the information they input on the registration page, and a small welcome message.
Something like:
"Welcome and thank you for registering at noobnews.com"
Then info below.

News Submission -
News submission should display 3 text boxes.
1. Title of the article
2. The article itself.
3. The Journalist/Users own comments.
It should check to make sure that they put something in the title, and also, that they've typed 30 or more characters in the article section.
Like we talked about earlier, it should recognize HTML and display it properly.
Normal users should NOT be able to post HTML in their news articles. Only Journalists, and Admins

Comments isn't required for users to put anything into, but should be limited to 1000 Characters.

There should also be a section for Category, and that should read from MySQL where the admins have added categories from the admin panel.
A news article should require for a category to be selected.

Admin Panel -
The admin panel doesn't require a whole lot of fancy stuff, just needs to have a place where:
Admins can Edit user profiles/delete users.
Admin can Change the status of a user(IE User, Journalist, Admin Etc.)
I think it should probably have a Super Admin, which would be me, and I'd be the only one that would be allowed to give people Admin privileges.
It needs to have a section where Admins can moderate the news that is posted, and from that page, edit/delete news topics.
And it needs to have a place where admins can view the Reported news topics

Template -
When the news is displayed, it should show:

[Here there should be a box that displays the titles of the latest 5 news topics]

Title - Date posted
Author - Author's Profile(Should just say Profile)
News Article
Comments(#ofcomments) - View Comments - Add Comment - Report To Admin

And then display the next article
Them template looks like this:
http://diluted.x10hosting.com/noob/

Rating -
The ratings should be using stars, (up to 10 stars) and when a user chooses to rate an article, he/she should also have a form to email this article to a friend, which should email the email address they input amessage saying So and so thoguht you might enjoy this article: linkhere
Users message here

Simple as that :)

And last, but not least, we need news writers.
People to find articles, or write articles to post, people to manage news, and make sure they are news worthy, and clean enough for the site.

Contact
Anyone interested, email me at Arucard98@cox.net, or contact me on msn at DarkCel@Hotmail.com

Payment
Payment will be whatever I can afford (ATM is 40$, I get paid again in a couple weeks and I'll have more money to devote to this, and the AdSense checks i receive will be split up throughout our team.

Nuno_Aba

Reaction score
Why not install one of the CMS found in fantastico and you don't have to deal with all this.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Custom made scripts/systems are better for sites like he is describing, and allow for everything to be done "just right". :)