Homepage in need of a makeover

PHPnewbie25

Reaction score
ok so I'm developing a school project for media students, i designed the homepage below i know it sucks but I'm not the best designer was hoping for some feedback regarding the colours and layout pleassse

Attachments

• homepagedesign.png
    homepagedesign.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 30

Gonrah

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with your design. It's simple and good looking. Maybe you should add more data, because it's too empty at the moment, but everything else is good.

PHPnewbie25

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with your design. It's simple and good looking. Maybe you should add more data, because it's too empty at the moment, but everything else is good.
oh wow thanks is there any advice you could give me on the logo i feel thats the bit i need to change

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Nope, you're wrong there as well. You're not creating a gaming arcade or a wannabe-punk hangout; it's a pretty wide-ranging territory with at least an element of a serious edge. You have something clean that completely gets the point across without being either too stuffy or forcing a "designy" atmosphere (art for its own sake). It's hard to tell what the complete design will look like with just the header ribbon and a single headline message, but what's there looks promising.

PHPnewbie25

Reaction score
Nope, you're wrong there as well. You're not creating a gaming arcade or a wannabe-punk hangout; it's a pretty wide-ranging territory with at least an element of a serious edge. You have something clean that completely gets the point across without being either too stuffy or forcing a "designy" atmosphere (art for its own sake). It's hard to tell what the complete design will look like with just the header ribbon and a single headline message, but what's there looks promising.

breakinc

Reaction score
Remember Content Is King. The More Content you add to your site will almost direct you in the path it should take. Certain elements can be inserted first hand (Logo, Login, Menu, breadcrumbs, search form, etc.)Once you create your categories and have a specific layout, sometimes trial and error are our best teachers. Good Luck.

c0dex10h

Reaction score
There's not much to judge it on, but I do like the layout. Perhaps a bit of tweaking with the alignments, but other than that, I like the layout.

It's hard to judge from just one screenshot though.