Host-in-a-box iso and other questions

aeroseth

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I need help on a couple issues.

First can anyone point me in the right direction to find the iso image of CentOS Kloxo LXAdmin for download so I can setup a local test mirror server?
What can I do to minimize downtime in reinstalling my server OS and restoring my clients websites?

I have made a couple mistakes in configuration on my VPS it's more like over configured, and maybe conflicting configurations. Since I don't want to break things more then they are I just want to start with a fresh host-in-a-box install.

Thanks for any help,
Seth

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
There is no ISO of CentOS that has LXAdmin
The most i can recommend is to grab a normal copy of CentOS and install the packages yourself. I use VirturalBox for the virtualization(This is vastly different from OpenVZ, which x10 uses but for software setup, it should work just fine as a replica)

Second, Unless you completely botched your server, there is no reason you should need to reinstall it, as you should be-able to remove packages and reinstall services.
If you really want to, you couls submit a ticket asking if you can get a second vps for a few hours, then X10 could move your IP over. I don't make any guarantees they will accept but it is worth a shot.
This would allow you to copy over files. The only issue would be you would need to shut down mysql if you don't want inconsistencies between when you dump it and when the IP is moved to point to the new machine.

Last edited: